Posts by Binaryjutsu

Only suggesting you could copypasta the 5 machines that are there (with a different max input value) and add a crafting recipe for them.

The crafting recipe could be as simple as combining it with an appropriate transformer (which would make it more expensive than the upgrade card, but worth the materials)

The other upgrades really don't have much effect on a machine if they are removed when the machine is, so they are fine to remain how they are.
    I don't mean to demand you guys write a bunch of extra code to keep the nbt data of machines as items. (unless you were planning to do that anyway, which would be totally awesome!)

I am not saying this couldn't easily be done in a mod, but most mod-makers have a habit of over-embellishing and starting to do weird unnecessary things to set themselves apart from the base IC2 (see GregTech :P )

I have always felt that having a removable transformer upgrade was a very neat piece of code, but ultimately more dangerous and cumbersome than it is fun and useful.

Would it be possible to make the relatively few machines (5 of them if memory serves correct) into separate blocks?

Firstly, because there is no way to supply any of those 5 machines with higher than 2048 EU/packet, transformer upgrades that stack past 3 are not reasonable.
    Therefore, you would only have to designate 3 sub-blocks for each of the 5 machines.

Their ID's could even sub-ID's and their textures would not need to change (unless you feel like a slight recolor is necessary).

p.s. I am not forgetting about the Induction Furnace :Electric Furnace: .
    That machine has an all together different power/work trade off mechanic than any of the other machines.