Posts by izulh

Ok as I stated myself, the modification bring on this file don't modify the beahviour of the Ov scanner when you play on a multiplayer server.
    In the same time it makes sense as it would be a powerfull item which can permit you to scan chunk and to go straight to what you need with some modifications on this config file.

But in the same time It means that the miner with the OV -scanner is not able to mine iridium or whatever ore.

So, should be thinking how to set a default value for every valuable ore.
    As I saw so far and i am not mod developer, I think It would be easy to Overcharge the OreDictionnary to add a default value to every ore except coble or I don't know what.
    In that case as no moder is inserting useless block to mine, the miner would work with every mod and every new/future ore :)

If you think it's a question already answered you wrong :)

My question is about the OV scanner, as I could read everywhere, that you can modify the value of an ore within the /minecraft/../Ic2.Cfg file I don't understand a thing or it's not clear !

First two cases SinglePlayer/Multiplayer Server , Ultimate Mod Pack for both

Experiences :
    Went to the bedrock put iron ore (10 blocks) nothing else in the 9X9 area

SinglePlayer:
    I modify the file as intended and the OV scanner seems to output correct values (fine)

Multiplayer not admin:

I modify in the same way the file but output does not correspond to my change ?

So my question is about the way the output is performed: client side / server side ?

Second, as I probably have the same config as the server, I don't see iridium or other ores but as i can see it was mined, so how it works.

What is performed by the server, what is performed by the client ?

Is there a link between the Ore dictionnary and the OV scanner beahviour ?