Posts by Sasha Kat

It seems to have worked! Thank you all for your assistance, I very much appreciate it.

One last question: (legal issues aside) if I copied my .minecraft folder and moved it to a different computer, would it still work? Sounds silly, but I'm just making sure, that copying it and putting it on another computer would make it so I didn't have to redo all of this.

Oops, actually two questions.
    If I have already explored chunks, will things like rubber trees spawn in these chunks, or do I have to explore unexplored areas to find them? Same with ores.
    Figured it out.

Hmm...I took your advice and (if I did it right) put the open beta mod jar into the mod folder for both the client and the server. Unfortunately, when I then ran the server, was presented with a long list of "OBJECT ID *** MISSING." Any ideas?

Is there a special version of forge that needs to be installed for
    the open beta? And I see there is some talk about something called
    "optifine." Is that necessary?

And thanks for sticking up for me, but it's okay. I actually laughed when I read his comment, because its true. I used to be really good at it, but things changed a bit and I havnt done it in a while so I've forgotten what to do.

Is there a special version of forge that needs to be installed for the open beta? And I see there is some talk about something called "optifine." Is that necessary?

I am playing this on a small server that is run on my computer. (Mac OS X, but I have windows if I need to fix it through there)

So I installed industrialcraft 2 tonight, along with the most recent version of forge, and everything is working fine. The mod says it is being found and read, and the game runs fine. The only catch is that I cannot find any ores, even though I have explored chunks that were not previously loaded or explored. I also, when i go into creative mode, cannot place any ores, blocks, or use any of the tools or weapons I give myself. As soon as I right click to place blocks or use tools, they dissapear from the ground/my hand/ and my inventory as if I had nothing selected.
    Any ideas? I've searched around and havn't found anything close. Maybe a block ID problem?

Something else I realized: when I'm in creative mode, if I place a block (say, cobble) and then place an industrialcraft block, the IC2 block immediately becomes cobble. The same is true if I used grass before, it turns to grass, etc. Please help.

This is going to sound stupid, but I have different copies of IC2. I have the 1.4.7 for the client side, and the 1.3.5 for the server side. You may think that I should just make them both 1.3.5, since its the latest version that has a server update, but when I tried this, minecraft wouldn't recognize that I even had a mod loaded.