Posts by ClaudiaJ

I just try to make a better Gameplay. And I am very successful with that, otherwise people wouldn't like to play.

I think I found a way to do a fix for my problem with testing (since I won't release 100% untested Versions, and I already modified quite some Code). This rusty old Computer cannot handle both Client and Server at once (I never used that thing after the 1.3.2 Update until recently) and then runs at constantly stuttering 1-10 FPS without functioning NEI due to that Framerate. But I think I can run a Server on my (almost exactly as bad in this regard) Netbook and connect it via Cable to my Computer to run it only with the Client Stuff. Lets hope it can run the Client alone at least.

Hah, this is almost exactly what I've been doing too! I've got an Asus EeePC that's been running my server that I just keep mods and config changes synchronized via Dropbox

I quite liked TinCon when paired with Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers Construct for pre/early gameplay. I even helped Iguana_man to identify GregTech metals and their default mining levels so his adjustments to the mining tiers could support GT.

I already have a local fork of Tinkers Construct that just added Cassiterite and Tetrahedrite to the smeltery, and fixed the materialRod vs rodMaterial issue. I suppose I can comment out the Pieces of Mind part locally too.

Why can we not have peace, love, and heavy metal? Why must we argue over such petty things?

Greg could have added a little pre-message to his spam, "GregTech says:", or we could have asked ChickenBones to fix his shit, or Greg could have silently overwritten the OreDict name to rodMaterial if ever it detects materialRod, output a log message stating what he did, why he did it, and not to bother someone else about it because it's already taken care of.

Yes and no, it's how you approach it. If, you look in computer view, you see the partitions, which also look like disks. Mainly because every disk has a partition, and in some cases more. So from computer you are not sure wether it is just one disk or more partitions from one disk, as each partition is allocated to a different letter. But from disk management you can see all disks, and their partitions and all their drive letters etc.

I am familiar with that much, I just disagree with displaying a partition where the icon represents a hard drive.

You may have stored all your stuff on a small partition, probably originally a system recovery partition. That would mean you've stored all your important on the same physical drive you feared would die.

I'm not sure whether you're a Windows user, but Windows does this annoying thing (did? I haven't used it in a while, and cannot ensure the accuracy of the following statement) where it will represent partitions as if they were physical, separate drives.

It actually causes Problems. Why? Because people who have ID Conflicts will get confused by those never disapearing Conflicts, what causes them to search all the time for a nonexistent ID Conflict, or even worse, causes them to ignore ID Conflicts.

How precisely do you remove an item from the Item List? I'm comparing Hunger Overhaul source against Railcraft, they both appear to set the itemsList index for that item to null, then create a new entry, but Railcraft doesn't spew CONFLICT when overwriting vanilla minecarts.

You should still try to fix the mentioned Conflicts, because they were not the overwritten Stuff, as overwritten Stuff should not cause CONFLICT@ at all.

Actually, Hunger Overhaul is overwiting and causing CONFLICT's

2013-09-28 19:43:33 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 6028 item slot already occupied by assets.pamharvestcraft.ItemPamFood@1dcca570 while adding iguanaman.hungeroverhaul.IguanaFoodPam@66816b58
    2013-09-28 19:43:33 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod HungerOverhaul is overwriting existing item at 6284 (assets.pamharvestcraft.ItemPamFood from pamharvestcraft) with iguanaman.hungeroverhaul.IguanaFoodPam
    2013-09-28 19:43:33 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item iguanaman.hungeroverhaul.IguanaFoodPam(6284) owned by HungerOverhaul

These conflicts in particular don't cause any problems, but Pam's shouldn't occupy the same ID's as anything not Iguana-related like this:

Client> 2013-09-29 13:42:37 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod pamharvestcraft is overwriting existing item at 13288 (forestry.core.items.ItemForestry from Forestry) with assets.pamharvestcraft.ItemPamSeeds

or this:

Client> 2013-09-29 13:42:42 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 3802 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@1e3d09f while adding gregtechmod.common.items.GT_MetaBlock_Item@195946a
    Client> 2013-09-29 13:42:42 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod gregtech_addon is overwriting existing item at 4058 (assets.pamharvestcraft.BlockPamColoredClothSlab from pamharvestcraft) with gregtechmod.common.items.GT_MetaBlock_Item

As far as I'm aware, Iguana_man is probably working on making Hunger Overhaul not require Pam's, it just happened to be a side effect of updating to 1.6.x. He may find a way to disassociate again, but until then, it's not like Harvest Craft isn't so bad. You can disable whatever you don't want in the newly-unified config. I got rid of trees that Forestry and Extra Trees provide in my world, as the fruits are registered in ore dictionary. Her recipes will just use twice as much of the fruit if they don't come from her mod.

Disregard the stuff about NEI and grep for "CONFLICT".

Notice Pam's stuff is conflicting with Forestry ID's.

IC2 and GregTech ID's are also getting conflicts.

Hunger Overhaul will overwrite Pam's stuff as well as some Vanilla crops to enable right-click harvest, tooltips, and a couple other features.

Many other mods that need lapis for mundane things will be made much harder.

I may have figured it out already. I can do ToolBuilder.instance.toolMods.remove(mod) for all ways of applying Lapis and then use registerToolMod to recreate them with something else. I'm debating whether I want to make my own Lucky Charms that combine Lapis with other stuff in some convoluted Greg-like way, or just use an existing item.

If I really wanted to make people work for it, I can look into adding Thaumcraft research for Silk Touch and Fortune.

For now though, I'm feeding information about GregTech to Iguana_man to improve his new TinCon addon mod for additional support. He's got better ideas about how mining levels need changed than I do :P He's got 7 individual tiers so far, and you can trust I'll be playing the everloving hell out of this mod once I have the time to actually play again :P

While I'm waiting for Hunger Overhaul to update to 1.6.2, I'm putting together a minimod based on Iguana-man's TinCon tweaks for 1.5.2 that adds TinCon Smeltery recipes for Tetrahedrite and Cassiterite, modifies mining levels of GT ores and TinCon tools, and even nerfs wood and stone TinCon tools to match Greg's own tool durability nerfs. Bronze age will be between Iron and Stone/Flint/Bone.

Here's hoping I don't permanently crash my game trying to force GregTech and Tinkers Construct to play nice together :P

Anybody know the best way to go about replacing mDiyo's modifiers? Luck needs to be much more expensive.

I almost want to make Overworld Iron spawns more like Greg's ores too, otherwise I'll just have a bunch of useless chunks of iron in my way until I can find enough Tetrahedrite and Cassiterite to make a proper pick.

Lol, IC2 got some new Machines, which do exactly what the Grinder does. I will ofcourse add corresponding Recipes to them.

I haven't seen them yet, I've not yet setup a 1.6.x environment, I'm mostly waiting for Extra {B,Tr}ees and Hunger Overhaul. Liquiducts would be nice to have too, but I won't put my upgrade on hold for TE unless I'm too busy with work to play Minecraft.

Are they super cool multiblock's that require water or other elements/chemicals (in liquid or capsule form) to produce extra materials in a somewhat later tier? If not, I'm not interested. I personally like having multiblock structures with multiple face machines per structure.

I haven't been using base IC2 at all in my 1.5.2 world.

Greg, seeing the low-end blast furnace I assume you weren't kidding when you said you'll change the refined iron stuff into steel. Have you thought about alternative ways to make the steel (on higher levels) that would require less coal? Even before I often had coal as the main limiter in making steel and then steel was used for relatively few things.

Can you think up any other way of making steal? You need iron and carbon both.

I'm hoping to see armored sheep, personally. You could compress their steel wool into steel nuggets.

I disable orchards in my game, as it's basically free food for life as well. One matured tree has a guaranteed apple drop chance for every leaf. I'd rather breed that into my trees manually.

EDIT: Speaking of trees, there seems to be a TreekeepingMode in here too:

Code
    1. public static ITreekeepingMode easy = new TreekeepingMode("EASY", 1.4F, 1.3F, 1.2F, 1.2F);
    2. public static ITreekeepingMode normal = new TreekeepingMode("NORMAL", 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
    3. public static ITreekeepingMode hard = new TreekeepingMode("HARD", 0.9F, 0.9F, 0.9F, 0.9F);
    4. public static ITreekeepingMode hardcore = new TreekeepingMode("HARDCORE", 0.7F, 0.7F, 0.5F, 0.5F);
    5. public static ITreekeepingMode insane = new TreekeepingMode("INSANE", 0.5F, 0.5F, 0.2F, 0.1F);
    6. public TreekeepingMode(String name, float yieldModifier, float sappinessModifier, float maturationModifier, float mutationModifier)

I assume there's a slash command to set it in game, though it could become (if not already has become) a config in 1.6+