Posts by Sinxar

Chrome isn't exactly difficult to get in large quantity (at the point in the game where it matters).

Love that Geothermal generator idea personally. How much in energy profit do you expect it to produce? I would personally expect around 300 - 400 EU/t considering the cost, but I would still use them if 250 EU/t in profit energy was produced. Simply because of the ease of use. Those large gas turbines are a pain in the ass, the steam ones are nice though considering the boilers function as centrifuges for the cost of a small amount of coal.

Still waiting on those Large Diesel Generators Greg... Tired of using all this extra diesel fuel as a home remedy for all sorts of stuff. (works great for removing stains though)

There is an idea for lead + fuel - make the large diesel generators need maintenance less at the expense of a bit of output, or more pollution when that is eventually added.
    ed: actually just read on up on what TEL does... so ya, the opposite of what i just said above, except the more pollution part.

I am trying to track down what is causing this issue, for steps to reproduce it. I understand this mod is for 1.115.

In 1.116 (from at least .383) sometimes the adjustable transformer simply refuses to output energy. I thought maybe it was construction foam interfering with the operation of glass cables (as there was a crash related to foam) but even directly connecting a machine to the output side of the transformer it still refuses to output. Yes I checked the obvious and even switched input/output sides around with the GUI - changed voltages and packets and only relogging or breaking and replacing the bugged transformer works (then only for a short time). The portable scanner shows there is a demand for energy but none being sent.

Not expecting any kind of fix but just letting you know there is a problem somewhere in there for more recent IC2 versions.

disregard. the issue is still occurring with a regular transformer

It's rated in EU, which means it's the total power. You'll find that the interface automatically limits the maximum value you can set in that field to 64 times whatever packet size you select. For example, 32 (LV) times 64 is 2048, so if you are using LV output you won't be able to set it to transmit more than 2048 EU per tick.

I hope that helps clear things up!

(The way the transformer functions is to send out packets one after another at the voltage setting until either nothing accepts the packet it tried to send, or the total amount of EU sent equals the transfer rate, or it runs out of buffered EU and can't send any more during that particular tick.)

It does help, thanks a lot. Sorry for the silly questions.

Hi! I hate to be the idiot but im confused by the adjustable transformer interface. i get the top area is the packet size. But the bottom area... what does that mean? it is rated in EU but accepts a very high number but can only be max of 64? Does it override the top area? Will setting it higher than 32 EU make my LV machines explode?

Is it possible to completely disable a side, say for compact wiring? Or set different sides to different EU/t values?

Auto-Crafting. It's there for a reason..

(even easier with AE, I think)

Yes but you are missing the point. The point is you shouldn't have to do that ever. It should be right the first time without having to transmute them. We all know how to transmute equal ingots ingame with crafting techniques or machines to automate it.

Well thats what i'm getting at. I don't want to have to do anything. it should just work without having to recraft the ingots or running them through a unifying device. They should spawn as whatever type you want and always be output from machines as said type. There should never be any more than one type of the same ingot in the world at once. For the Steel, i would rather use GT Steel in RC lol. I love the tooltips. Makes me feel like i'm playing a highly technical game.

I am starting to get the impression that it is impossible to do this.

I am going to ask this here since IC2 ingots are covered by this question also. Hopefully people in this forum are a bit more mature and can read more than these first two sentences before responding (the entire post would be excellent!)

What I am trying to figure out is how to unify all ingots/dust/nuggets across all installed mods. Seems like a simple goal since TE copper = Forestry Copper = IC2 Copper etc. Obviously I could take the easy way out and just use something like the Forge Lexicon (from Omnitools) or the Unifier (from MFR). For the most part the option in GT to unify ingots works. However there are still some that don't most notably, Steel. Simply setting the ID=0 for Steel in Railcraft effectively disables steel production in the RC Blast Furnace (not a bad thing but not the desired effect). This also has the side effect of Steel Ingots not being generated as chest loot in villages/dungeons etc.

What I am looking to do is make all ingots equal and stackable and recognized by all mods as a valid replacement WITHOUT using another mod to change it into something else after the fact. This also applies to steel and iron plates, and metal dust. Is this even possible? If not, why?

I am afraid to change the ID to the same thing in all the mods because it seems like it would cause a conflict with everybody fighting to make their own version of whatever ingot.

Hello, I am not sure if I should be posting this here or not. I am using the latest version of IC2 (for MC 1.5.2) with gregtech and a handful of other mods. Basically it resembles a FTB pack without RP2.

I went and cut down down some Rubber Trees for the saplings (they didn't have any resin spots). When I put this wood into the extractor, I was expecting 64 Rubber Wood logs to produce a stack of rubber. Instead it produced a stack of Sticky Resin.

Anybody know if this is intended behavior or is some mod interfering with IC2? Is it a gregtech thing?

I should add that the recipe in NEI shows the expected recipe 1 Rubber Wood Log = 1 Rubber.

Did you ever track down the problem that causes the text to get stuck/stop updating? I'm playing a FTB pack (Lite with your mod from the DW20 pack if that makes sense) and the info panels are mostly unusable for me because of this. I placed a single panel near my reactor panels with a time card just to make sure the info is correct, because all info panels stop working at once. It freezes so often that it started a little joke between my brothers "Oh look time stopped". This also occurs in the default DW20 packs as well. This is SSP.

I can force them to start updating again by running far away [to manually check the reactors] and coming back to base or breaking them and reconfiguring the colors.

If you have fixed it, will the updated version work with 1.4.7 client?

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not... When I craft Re-Batteries, they stack when they have no charge. In this state they cannot be used to craft the Efficiency Upgrade until you charge the batteries slightly so they get the little charge bar.

I'm playing a FTB pack (Lite with a bunch of extra mods), is this some type of mod conflict?

I'm sorry but I may be completely brain dead here, but what do the upgrade modules do? The FAQ list a few of them but there are some like the "Wide-Band Booster Module" that has no documentation at all. Googling for quite some time and I only found people with the same question and no answers.

It is mentioned in the readme, but the text file is totally unformatted and there appears to be some type of chart or graph that was attempted but its just one long string of text.

What do the newer upgrade modules do exactly?

ed: Ok yea I am infact brain dead apparently.

Here's the (short) entry from the "should have been updated" FAQ :P

• Proximity: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging items beside the held item
    • Wide-Band: improves the projector, simultaneously recharging every item on the hot-bar
    • Field Expander: improves the projector range, charging things further from the pad