Posts by Red Lynx

This may be out of place... but i have tried out Crystal batpacks legit way... theyre owerpowered
    (NOTE : MADE IDENTICAL REIPE THATS GIVEN IN THE TREAD WITH CUSTOM STUFF MOD)
    So I made the lapatron one, somehow charged it ...
    It never ends... like sereausly, i dug insane amaunt of stuff, it's just owerpowered...
    So i made the Red one, that is not as infinite as the blue one but still too damn owerpowered...
    O.O sereausly...

If the creatoros of this wonderful Add mod is reading this:
    sugestion - remake the batpacks so that they have less power and require less crystals.
    or maybe they could be like enchanted wersion of batpacks, so that they would be crafted like this :

So all our epic solar panel arrays that we can barely get to have to be maintained now?

It costs 8 Iron, 4 Tin, 3 cable, 2 redstone, 3 coal powder, and 3 glass per solar panel, these only output .5 EU/t. The only reason I use them is because of their passive status (They don't generate crap for power). I'd rather go underground, get a bucket of lava, and get more output from a Geothermal (which I do occasionally solely because solar arrays can't power my base enough).

The point is for lower tier play, Solar Panels are vital how they are. Once you hit anything serious there's no point to have them except for running basics (unless somehow you have 3,000,000 Iron lying about) Personally I'd say Geothermal would become the big one if Al would just make the power plant allow Liquid Pipes.

Well the thing is, by the time you get your Q-suit your done, no need for more power, mass fab is in play, your solars doing the job...
    So you don't need reactors or other generators, becouse by the time you finaly waste your Q-suit parts' energy even few dedicated solars would build up eneugh energy for them to be recharged... Thats the problem, tier 1 power supply for late late game.

Now I had a thouth, maybe if solars would require a advanced machine block, and would be a higher in tier ir would be fair.

Suggestion name : machine blocks and iron fences as a part of wiering

A werry simple and logical suggestion :
    Allow the machine blocks and iron fences to be used as aquivalent as the HW cable.
    And all the good stuff that comes from it.
    The idea came up when I integrated unisolated Extreme woltage line into my mob trap, dispite the constant energy loss, the trap works insane sufficiant, but, the thing is the new wiering system made some items to clog up on and inbetween wires and simly sit there while they are despawnd : \

Uses - electric fencing your territory / hause more easealy
    Makeing traps in a way that other people wouldn't suspect that the next step will be their last xD

It wouldn't be game breacking becouse HV transformes kinda cost the same as the tesla coils.

This sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what it is that the Electronic Workbench is supposed to do? Does it just allow the creation of recipes that the regular Workbench can't make? From the picture I see you added what looks like a Generator to the UI. Are you saying you want to eliminate the ability for energy storage blocks and transformers to charge devices and make it so only the Electronic Workbench(es) can charge them

seems as you only read the topics tittle and looked at the pictures xD

Okey i'll simplify it to one sentence:

EW == Easaly portable crafting table that would be nesesery to create higher tier stuff with the ability to transfer charges between the energy storage devices.

// no other game (mod) changes other than the tech tree availability.

NAME : Electronic Workbench

DESCRIPTION : As there is a need for a simpler interface/[hidden recipes]/portable charger to retur, theres my idea :
    a special workbench in two tears for 2 tier craftting and for 3 tier crafting.

Benifits / specifics :
    - To keep it clear, i'm stating that this in my opinion isin't game bracking, and dosen't damage the overal progresion and feel of IC2
    - A full controll over the progresion of player
    > Tier 2 machinery can only be crafted with tier 2 EW
    > Tier 3 machinery can only be crafted with tier 3 EW
    > Tier 2 EW can only charge or use as charging supply energy storage up to tier 2 energy containers
    > Tier 3 EW can only charge or use as charging supply energy storage up to tier 3 energy containers
    > UU-Mater can only be craftet into stuff in EW's
    // if taken into acount that energy crystal is tier 2 and lapotron crystal tier 3 and the batpack is tier 2
    - ability to transfer energy between the energy containers.
    > like in generator - transfer power freely from one storage to another in speed acording to tier of the EW
    - easy to break with an empty hand so that it is easealy portable.
    - The recipes of tier 2-3 will be hidden from the all seeing eye of the "Recipe Book" *
    // This feature will be kinda of a bonus for the Developers, whom i can see love secret recipes ^ _,^
    - Tier 3 EW can only be crafted in Tier 2 EW
    * given into thought that any crafting grids that arn't vanilla minecraft having separrate recipes dosn't show up in the "recipe book".

EW I is not here becouse it would be sherely stupid to limmit even wires to be crafted in thease...
    Since Tier 4 isint out yet, i won't predict the future, and won't make a EW IV design.
    Heres some images to express my suggestion alittle bit better : )

{*
    If developers likes the idea, i can support them by creating sprites, or try to write the code.
    I don't wan't anything for this idea, becouse it is kinda of a mash up of things i have saw or imagined
    Just in pure refined and two times compresed form of idea + some gravel and obsidian : )

Since i know how much work it would take to code all this, it's like would change a s***load of core things, so you can use this idea like this :
    EW as a charge bench / crafting grit / uu mater workplace / secret recipe place and+ without baning the whole techtree in simple workbech : )

BTW, i love the mod, it became new wanilla to me!

Giving ideas is a nice way to contribute somthing : )

and remember : true man sleeps on keybord!
    *}