Posts by Metallator

Is there a way to selectively input certain amounts of dusts into the centrifuge/electrolyzer and to keep extra in a holding area until they have the amount required by those machines? Right now we have a buildcraft pipe loop that loops excess/different dusts above the centrifuges/electrolyzer and this setup works decently for the most part until you run into smaller amounts of dust, then they just get stuck there waiting for more of the same type to enter. Im new to the whole item transport system in gregtech and I'm almost positive there is a solution to this, any thoughts?

A hint to reduce power usage and increase efficiency is to upgrade the furnaces with heating coils (both automatic electric furnace and blast furnace accepts them).
    First 4 Kanthal Coils, then 4 Nichrome Coils.

Alright that I didn't know. Considering I only have only one "blast furnace" on the structure that is good to know, thanks!

Oh thanks that is good to know. I think I'd be better off just adding more furnaces instead of just one cooker on that structure. I've learned that one oven for the higher heat dusts will drain an msfu like its nothing. I have to keep an eye on the power until i get the nerve to rework the power network. totally didnt see the above post when i started typing this one so yeah i agree.

Quick question: Is there a point in increasing the heat capacity of the industrial blast furnace past 3000? IE does it cook things slightly faster? Right now I have one at 3200 with no advanced machine casings and I just don't see the point of increasing its capacity at the expense of chrome (gregtech on survival mode, im conservative with my precious metals :P).