Posts by Reika

But this move will certainly make IC2 more popular among the "mainstream" players for sure. It'll probably be a great move PR wise.

I rather doubt that. These people are a living circlejerk, and will just find something else to moan and whine about, whether it be "why is IC2 such a special snowflake for all of its crafting with all of its own parts, machine frames and reception coils was good enough for everyone else", "IC2 just looks so out of place next to TE and EiO, I can never find an excuse to put it in my base" or "why would I bother with a mod in which most of its content can be done more easily with the TE I know and love?". They practically identify themselves by how much disdain they have from IC2, and removing their point of complaint will do nothing but make them find a new one.

Design-wise, sort of, but it was RF or death for us - our ecosystem is far smaller than IC2's.

That says nothing about RF actually being good, fitting, or anything positive, just that this community is so singleminded in their push for RFification that you had to choose between that and forced obsolescence at the hands of others.

This...does not make me happy to hear at all. Ditching the EU system is going to cause IC2 to lose its core identity as people demand it play more and more like the other RF mods - which most RF-using devs will tell you is The Right Way, as variance is bad and compatibility equals conformity - something not helped by the fact that EU is/was the last of the original power systems yet to be steamrolled by RF. Combine that with how asie said that ditching MJ was perhaps the biggest mistake in the history of BuildCraft, and I think you are making a very serious mistake if you care about IC2 as a mod defined by its playstyle and design rather than sheer popularity.