Posts by Zero5211

There is no Calcite Gem in GT, so what are you trying to say?

Also you have to set stuff to true in order to override the Default. Setting to false does nothing since all Config Entries are false per default in order to not override the Default.

GT does not have it, it's a part of RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft interaction. If you run the Calcite Ore through a RotaryCraft extractor, the end result is flakes. Reika adds in gems for non-metals from other mods, which can then be turned into the proper item. A Calcite Gem is produced when smelting the flakes, and you place the gem inside the grid to get the item. I don't know why it goes through this, Reika probably has a reason for it. Either way, for some reason, after I added in GregTech, gem to item conversion was disabled, and now the regular Calcite Crystal that drops when mining the ore is converted into the Gem. Trying to put the gem in the crafting grid simply outputs the gem again. This also applies for Mimicry's Mimichite. It might be an issue between RotaryCraft and GregTech instead of just the Unificator though; I'm not really sure. Would the OreDictionary interfere like this?

The Unificator is being a dick to me. All of the entries for ReactorCraft's gemCalcite are set to false, and yet the ore still drops the Calcite Gem and I cannot use it in a crafting grid to put it back to regular Calcite. And when I spawn in calcite, it gets switched back to the gem. The gem retains none of the functionality of regular Calcite either.

I've got a question about the config files. I'm looking through the unificator to toggle a few settings, and I see stuff like B:oreTin_false=false
    What is it saying here? Why is _false included in the item name, rather than having the boolean itself determine that? I don't know if it's saying that oreTin is included in the unifier because false false == true, or if it isn't actually included because of the boolean false.

Does GregTech alter how Nuclear Reactors work? The FTB wiki has a link to a reactor simulator but mentions that Thorium/Plutonium aren't accurately simulated for GregTech since the simulator is out of date. I'm currently looking into different power sources since I've got over 150 Thermal Generators running a lot of my machines, and my friend suggested looking into nuclear power. On that note, anyone have a good set-up for a reliable reactor that still produces a good amount of power without needing to be monitored closely? I'm on the last 1.5.2 IC2 and GregTech versions.

Aside from NEI, what other mods do you guys normally use in conjunction with Greg Tech? I'm planning on making a separate 1.6 game (already have one for FTB Unleashed on ver 1.5) so I can get a lot of the updated features. I'll probably end up grabbing Applied Energistics for the storage, but anything else you guys recommend to expand the experience?

What are some recommended set-ups to have before achieving the Fusion Reactor? I currently have a couple of quarries mining out rubies for me, and I turn those into dust and send them through my electrolyzer to get some chrome. I have two matter fabs, one running off of a steam turbine/thermal boiler combo, and the other running off of a Dragon Egg siphon, 30 or so Thermal Generators, 4 Hybrid Solars and 1 Ultimate Solar, and a Thorium Nuclear Reactor. Looking at the requirements so far, it looks like I'll be needing a TON of resources, and I want to make sure I have an adequate set-up running before I make a Fusion Reactor so I don't find out I rushed it too soon and can't use it to its full potential.

Stupid question. But how can you tell versions of GT? I try and figure out when he updates but all his files are just named GT. =( I feel like Im missing so much with GT. Cant find version numbers, ingame I cant do stuff with grinded silver/uranium, he's changed everything so everything I know from 1.5.2 is out the door. Uugu. I have stacks or ores Ive mined up and Im sorta just... building wooden stuff cause Im so @.@

Just go into the mods page from your main screen and scroll til you find the GregTech one. It will have the version number next to it. That or look it up in the mod list of whatever launcher you use (unless you're going from vanilla).

Inefficient. The Outputs of the Thermal Boilers are one Block too far away from the inputs of the Steam Turbine. A Drain Cover installed before building the Thermal Boilers, set to import Mode would have been sufficient, and would have saved the Machine Boxes.

The only location where you would have needed a Machine Box in 1.5 (1.6 has large Pipes for it), is the Lava Input, and that just because it consumes Lava quite fast.

Well I never saw you say anything when I asked for help setting it up earlier :pinch:

It all works just fine however; everything is always filled and the turbine doesn't stutter at all.

Yes, 800mB/t, you're right. I'm running on a modpack with a slightly outdated version of GT (3.11), so fluid pipes are unfortunately out of reach for the moment (really good that they're coming, though!), but pump modules work perfectly fine, thank you!

So now I'm getting lots of steam to the steam turbine and that's brilliant. But, with two adjacent boilers, it still seems not to be enough as the turbine just stutters continuously, never producing any energy. Now, the Manual I can find ingame says a steam turbine requires 1666mB/t (if that changed in later revisions, I could see why), which is slightly more than two boilers can provide. But even attaching up to four maxed out liquiducts (netting an additional intake of 400mB/t of steam) there's still stuttering. Only with a third thermal boiler does the turbine run smoothly.

Am I missing something here? :S

Here, I had this problem myself and finally found a solution. Take a peek; I'm assuming you're using Unleashed with that version, which is what I'm on.

After a couple hours of work, I finally have made my Steam Turbine and Thermal Boiler set up function correctly! Thank you Malevolence and r00teniy for the tips. Current set up for anyone curious.

Just remove machine box and put pump module on boilers output hatch and you don't need any power.

The only issue I see with this is since the boilers are flush against the side of the turbine, how do you access the maintenance hatch and output hatch? Your boiler's output hatch is in the middle of a 3x3 square, so you will have a machine casing covering up one of those two hatches depending on which sides you put them in. They can't be put in the top or bottom either, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how you'd be able to set them up against the turbine without covering up those hatches. That's why I used the machine blocks.

however have fun doing 20, 40, 60, or even 100 for a server powerplant...

Just one boiler/turbine setup uses a ton of lava. My Ender-Thermic pump uses up its radius pretty quickly now. I haven't done the math yet, but I'm not entirely sure that Magma Crucibles are able to keep up with the lava demand the boilers have. I can't imagine what you would have to do to get lava for all the boilers to supply that many turbines.

2147483647 Ticks. Extremly convenient when using those +/- Buttons.

If you click with an Item on the Field next to these Buttons, it will insert the special Item Hashcode into it, so that you can for example put Items with large IDs or with a large Metadata into it to achieve those large Numbers.

Real players manually click their way up to 2147483647 ticks. Unless you're a wimp and don't want to play hard mode.

Do you have a working version without TE pipes?
    My BC pipes are just not powerful enough to pump enough steam into the turbine... and then its also impossible to pump enough water and lava into the boiler :(

Do you have Railcraft? If so, you can fill up a tank with lava and build your boilers next to it, then use a pump module to transfer the lava into them. For the steam, build it like I did. A Machine box with a pump module (total of 2, one on the output hatch and one on the machine box) will transfer the steam over for you. They need power to function, but it's not much.

Of course, if you're using the more up to date versions of GregTech, there are his pipes you can use. I'm on Minecraft 1.5.2, so I'm not all the way up to date.

After a couple hours of work, I finally have made my Steam Turbine and Thermal Boiler set up function correctly! Thank you Malevolence and r00teniy for the tips. Current set up for anyone curious.

I'm deciding on what to do about making sure the turbine doesn't break and blow up all my stuff. Would Thaumcraft Golems be able to keep an eye on the rotor and replace it when it gets low? If not, is there a Computer Craft peripheral sort of set up I could use to at least send a notification when its low?

There are GT pipes, but it's 1.6 only. You can put boilers on sides of turbine and you won't need any pipes, just pump cover on hatches. Just don't forget to set item only output on second hatch.

Alright. Guess I'll be repositioning my boilers to make sure the steam goes in correctly.

Also, has anyone crunched the numbers on how many rubies are needed to make the fusion reactor? From a rough guess, it's looking like it's over 1000. I've really got to get my ruby bees bred and going, or get a quarry in a biome that contains rubies, otherwise it's gonna be a really long wait.

Having an issue with a Thermal Boiler + Steam Turbine setup. I'm on version 1.5.2 by the way.

The problem I've run into is when outputting the steam to the steam turbine while also outputting obsidian to that chest. When I first set it up to test, liquiducts were connected to both outputs. The turbine ran just fine that way, but I had no way of getting the obsidian out. I used the Extra Utilities node which takes it out just fine. I then used the screwdriver to set the obsidian output face to Items Only, and the steam output face to Steam Only, but now there isn't sufficient steam to get the turbine running. I can fix it like I did with the lava input by using a Transvector interface, but I'd at least like to know what the problem is with how this is currently working and how it should be set up normally.

So I hooked up some Transvector Interfaces and right now 4 separate liquiducts full of steam still are just enough to keep it running. I feel like I'm missing something here though, since regularly you're only able to hook up one pipe to each hatch. Is there a method of transferring steam that's faster than the liquiduct?

Having an issue with a Thermal Boiler + Steam Turbine setup. I'm on version 1.5.2 by the way.

The problem I've run into is when outputting the steam to the steam turbine while also outputting obsidian to that chest. When I first set it up to test, liquiducts were connected to both outputs. The turbine ran just fine that way, but I had no way of getting the obsidian out. I used the Extra Utilities node which takes it out just fine. I then used the screwdriver to set the obsidian output face to Items Only, and the steam output face to Steam Only, but now there isn't sufficient steam to get the turbine running. I can fix it like I did with the lava input by using a Transvector interface, but I'd at least like to know what the problem is with how this is currently working and how it should be set up normally.

Quick question about overclocker and transformer upgrades; how do I see how many there are on my machines, and can they be taken off? IC2 has those side slots to just place the upgrades, but after I right click on a GregTech machine, they simply disappear and apply themselves. Are they used up in this process, or can I get them back?

Also, anyone know of an item importer similar to Red Power's transposer? I'd like to set up an automated scrap producer since I'm barely able to keep up with my matter fab manually, but I'm stuck on how to import items since Red Power isn't updating anytime soon, and BC pipes spit out items when they don't have room.