Posts by arcozelo

Minecraft crashes regularly, but only when travelling on the wilderness.

I can play for hours without leaving my home area, with 3 nuclear generators, ~150 solar cells and some machinery working (so plenty of CPU load I guess), however when I travel a bit further it tends to crash somewhat randomly with the "Saving chunks" message and then a black window (so no error report). I've tried leaving the black window running for about 30 minutes but it never closes or outputs error messages.

Frequently before crashing minecraft slows down to a crawl with <1 fps and the F3 chart goes bonkers, though that doesn't happen necessarily every crash.

Problem might be more frequent near NPC villages (not sure about the correlation, might be just my impression).

By "a bit further from my home" I mean within a map-sized area with the center on my home (so not very far), and by frequently I mean it will crash with say a 50% probability just by travelling from home to any border of the map.

Running minecraft 1.8.1 with IC^2 1.15 SSP, installed by order:

Recently I installed the new optifine experimental version with mineforge compatibility, but it does not seem impact crash frequency one way or the other.