Posts by Zudguard

yeah it is tricky sometimes in certain spaces to get the direction for energy storage correct.

If you hadn't solved it on your own I would recommend checking the transformers, I always seem to have problems with them.

nice looking system/base

interesting.... why are you using a transformer when you can just use a MFE unit? I know it costs more, but if you have the resources, you get the same effect with a very nice 600k EU storage thrown in for good measure.

I tend to get a bit gratuitous when forming systems and use a few too many storage units. It makes me able to run a larger system of machines from less solar panels however, and i like that. 8)

I imagine this would be a slow way to do it, simply because an Ov scanner and drill and whatever required a bit more than 5EU/t to run at normal levels.

otherwise props, a nice way to set it up and forget about it till it finishes.

this looks really interesting. I haven't dealt much with plant based power, however i have a heap of experience with Buildcraft now.

I know you didn't want to know a 50 block hole from the surface, but for your system, as long as it is fully automatic, i would really recommend it, not for a cable, (as you would lose heaps of power or need a whole heap of batboxes to keep it from being lost), but for a pipe. you could then get your fuel cans piped down. and if you were feeling energetic you could pipe the empties right back up the same pipe, using the diamond pipe as splitter at the top and bottom.

this makes me want to do this myself, so exciting!. I am a big user of solar panels so i would just hammer out 20 - 30 batboxes (10 or so for 50 blocks if you want to be precise :P ) and make the cable. but a plant farm with fuel cans I haven't done before.

Oh, a quick comment on Nuclear reactors. They are really, really expensive. Anything above 50 or 60EU/t requires a low efficency and/or cool-down times/items (water buckets, ice etc). it requires babysitting if you want to run them at higher power levels. I am no expert on reactors, but i have made a couple, so by no means am i the last word on these things. I much prefer a power system i can forget about and then concentrate on whatever else.

now off to work out how to make an automatic sugar cane harvesting farm!

MMM, this would be a really nice idea, if it could work. perhaps something that initially saves everything into some kind of small program, then only updates when you tell it too.

It could perhaps also reduce traffic on these wiki sites as I know I go back to many of the same pages time and time again.

just a thought.

Quick update to my system. I have stopped using redstone clocks to power all the pipes and quarries For this plant. Using them excessively makes minecraft complain and slow down on me. I reccently discovered you could change one of the buildcraft config settings so that wooden pipes and quarries and the like would accept a constant redstone pulse, so now i use a lever! no redstone required!

One other upside to this is that rsources are always extracted at the fastest rate possible. I.E. once every 25 ticks, or 1 1/4 seconds. makes for better efficency, especially when dealing with aggregators in EE.

The only problem with this system is the speed of namely the macerators. it causes bottlenecks with ores if the ores are not slowly fed into the system. I think you could make around (evenly) 12 solar panels at any one time. then you would have to let the iron filter through before adding any more.

(you could in theory ad 64 iron ore instead of 48, however this gives a number of solar pannels that isn't an integer giving you a headache trying to keep everything else even)

Solutions would involve adding more macerators, but would involve heaps more space and pipe headaches, i had plenty with this system, despite my forward planning on how the pipes would be placed not to clash.

I guess you could get the addon that gives you rotary macerators, but for now i am sticking to the original due to I will have to download and install everything again when the next MC update comes out. I don't want to get attached to too many mods.

Yeah, I like the sound of diamond pipes, I use them to sort my materials from BC quarries, sending my cobblestone to the recycler then to the matter transformer. I am slightly surprised, why I didn't think of them for this myself. lol, I am not going to change it now, too much reworking for a benefit hardly worth it. it is so simple currently despite having multiple chests.

I have been looking at Equivalent exchange and am sorely tempted, however it seems like a delayed TMI, you can get anything and as much as you want, it just takes a little while. Still on the fence for that.

Hi guys

This is my first post in this forum, so here goes. :pinch:

here is a production line for solar panels I have put together using IC2 and BC.

this is an overall view, if you see the automatic crafting bench on the left, that is where the solar panels are finally put together.

they are then outputted into the chest next to it.

here is an example of the start of one production line

notice the sign says Coal 18? this is how it really works.

I have gone round to each chest where i deposit the raw materials and put a sign up telling what goes where, including how much. if you go round you can make 6 solar panels as this is the smallest number you can make for ALL the inputs to be integers. (I cheated a bit!, for the batteries for the generator you just put in copper wire, rather than copper ore and rubber)

then all that is needed is to set my redstone clock running in the basement

And the resources will flow through to produce my fantastic solar panels. 8)

This was all created without TMI, or anything else to give me free materials. (If you think this is too many mats to have in one map, i have also made a couple of nuclear plants, among other things :P )

questions? comments? I would love to hear from you.