Posts by LinusPhoenix

As I mentioned, I am only a beginner myself, so I have only discovered the basics yet, so thanks for the hint. I will look into the dictionary and try to use it. :)

EDIT: Version 1.1.1 is now available for download, with the new "Blue Dye", preventing the gain of Lapis Lazuli. Blue Dye can be used in any Dye Recipe like Lapis Lazuli is (Vanilla and other mods). If the Blue Dye does not work with recipes of a specific mod, the mod is most likely
    not using the OreDictionary, but still let me know about any bugs you encounter.

Documentation

Unidye

Welcome to Unidye! An addon for IndustrialCraft² which basically adds a lot of conveniences, funny stuff and a lot of new ways to interact with dyes and dyed wool specifically. You can get the dye out of dyed wool, you can dye wool and clay at a better ratio than vanilla in a machine and thus automate your dyeing needs. Also, you can change larger quantities of dyes with Unidye, a wildcard dye which can be crafted into any other dye. The only thing you need is an already existing unit of dye so you cannot craft anything you don't have yet. If you use GT there are also some interactions such as changed recipes, new recipes (especially for the centrifuge) and other things. Try it today!

So, how does it work?

To look up every recipe ingame, use NEI by ChickenBones. It's a really nice mod which displays every vanilla and crafting recipe from mods and, if the mod uses NEI too, from other machines as well. Isn't it convenient to just look at the recipes ingame instead of visiting a wiki for every recipe you are trying to use? I definitely think so.
    I will list vanilla IC² recipes in here, when playing with GT you need NEI. But seriously, how were you going to play GT without that anyways?

Documentation can be found in the second post of this thread, if needed.

What is planned?

In no specific order:
    - add Recipes for GT (Centrifuge and Chemical Reactor)
    - upgraded version of GT Printer
    - doing other stuff with other mods I have to think about.
    - multiblock animal farms
    - electrical fishing station (might release these last two as a separate mod if I ever decide to code them)

Serious suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

Where can I tell you that this is literally the worst addon ever?

I am always open to constructive feedback and opinions per private message or on this thread. For any beginner trying to get a look into source code, just let me know (even though I am a beginner myself.) I used a lot of forge's tutorial code for the basics of my classes, so huge props to them! I would also gladly appreciate remade textures who might look a bit better than my not-so-well-done 5-minute GIMP accidents. Please report bugs here too, also providing the error message as well as information on your IC2-Version and Forge version.