Posts by Nikdoge

open world inside MCedit and fix ID allocation before porting, in this way you will port world without issues.
    but...wtf? you really going to play 1.2.6. world?

So i need to replace main identifiers using MCEdit?
    But whether the blocks will retain all their properties (color, wires inside etc.)?
    And... it'll be long work, because IC have a lot of identifiers... It's curiously, that nobody come up with easy solution.

And yes. My server is still on 1.2.6 and some crazy people are playing on it. I am admin-slowpoke.

Open the config file of your old Industrialcraft version. Inside, you can see the IDs used.
    Open the config file of your new industrialcraft version. Replace the IDs in the new version with the IDs in the old version.

That's wrong solution. Some of old IndustrialCraft IDs are used for blocks in new Minecraft versions. New blocks are important.
    I think i look for utility, that can patch my map - update identificators on it.

First: regrets for my wry English. Complaints to my grammar are relevant.
    Further. I change version of my minecraft server from 1.2.6 to 1.6.2, and when i start my old map at new server, blocks from IC2 are replaced with emptiness or some blocks from new minecraft versions. Obvivously, in new versions of IC2 identificators were shifted, it's okay. But how i can patch my map, saving industrial work of mine and some players of my server?
    Thanks in advance.