Posts by JohnB

The big issue here is different servers with different play styles and mods and that's why we really need the exposure of settings via the config.

I've honestly spent days balancing our server for how we want to play. The Q-Suit actually got blacklisted a while back because of it's overpoweredness for our play style and we currently only use a modified version of the nano suite. What I hated most about the q-suit on our server was the fact that there was no danger as it's a non-pvp server... it was boring. You'll hear a creeper, ah, whatever.. Oh why not just jump out of the 250y level 'green house', no problem, stuff like that. In contrast the poster has an almost opposite issue with the q-suit.

We play pretty 'hard' mode and you'll die really quick if you're not careful and that's how we like to play. If someone want's to play in creative mode we don't judge. Bottom line is different people use IC2 on different servers with different mod on different difficulties and that's why 'fixing' so many settings in IC2 causes pain.

It's true that the power draw of the iridium drill renders it extremely impractical as a mining tool. I know I wouldn't choose it for the job. That said, you have no obligation to make it your mining tool - or you could bring more energy.

Option one: take a normal diamond drill to break rock. Use the iridium drill only on ores where fortune or silk touch is desired.
    Option two: wear an energy backpack. There are now three tiers of this, the largest one storing two million EU. That is a lot of energy to work through even for something as hungry as the iridium drill.

The way I see it, the iridium drill is a special purpose tool that's intentionally not designed to be your run-off-the-mill handheld tunnel bore. If you're blowing 800 EU per block of stone, you've chosen the wrong tool for the job at hand. ;)

I usually use the Mining Laser for pre-quarry mining with a Fortune pickaxe that would last me basically forever. The normal diamond drill was mostly used around the base for jobs where you wouldn't really want to use a laser. I like the new drill, just feels like a V8 having the consumption of an Boeing. I'll get used to it :)

Well, my opinion is that by the time you have resources to make the iridium drill, you surely have enough energy to keep it fed.

Obvious and correct although missing my point. It's about uses before having to recharge during normal operating conditions. It's two tiers up, pretty expensive piece of equipment with ten times the storage and it's not breaking 9 blocks at a time.

IC2 Experimental - Iridium Drill Power

Love the new Iridium drill, especially with Fortune III and the built-in Silk Touch mode. My only gripe is the fact that in normal mode you get the same amount of uses as the old diamond drill which had to be recharged almost constantly. For the Iridium drill to consume 800eu to break a brick vs the old diamond drill consuming 80eu to break a brick is a bit too excessive.

First option is just to drop the consumption by a factor 10. ( My personally preferred option, it took 6 mass fabs and a wait till this morning to have my 12 iridium ores replicated. )

Second option is to split of Fortune into it's own mode, and have Normal power consumption dropped by a factor of 10 leaving Fortune & Silk Touch power hungry.

Pretty sure one of the devs have their eye on the consumption so just adding my 2c.

While on the topic of the Mining Laser and options I would like to see an option to swap buttons on the laser, and maybe add place torch like the drill. The laser to me is a mining tool and not a weapon so swapping buttons makes sense. I'm also using a Bibliocraft armor stand and tool rack rotational charging setup and would like to just throw my laser on the tool rack with right-click like I do with my drill.

EDIT
    Being able to enable/disable laser modes might be another solution. I assume the big ones are long range, scatter and exploding modes.

Did you watch Dire's episode from today, where he said that rain should electrocute someone wearing a jet/batpack. :P

He's just waiting for his Thaumcraft ez mode flying thingie then he'll ditch the jetpack laughing at us non-magic mod users :D .

lets make game super stupid by adding 0.1% chance for all tools and devices explode on use!

as you dont know for no reason, jetpack powered by supercapacitators (with completely superconductive electronics) can't be disturbed by rain on altitude of 190 meters.

Don't give me ideas, one of my mods already blows up solars(EMP from SF,works for me) with a chance of 1/~5000 rolled every minute. And unloaded chunks wouldn't be saved, you'll still end up with a block of iron where you spammed all those solars when the chunks reload.

Intended. Use the QuantumSuit Helmet.

Ok, so it's after party medication only :). Would be nice for it to be more beneficial because of the cultivation effort. I respect the vision of the developers although I certainly think something logical between 'Milk Buckets' and 'QuantumSuit Helmet' wouldn't be a deal breaker. (Don't say health potions!)

Description:
    Being able to configure the QuantumSuit damage settings for a more challenging adventure feel.

DamageAbsorption : % based
    Suggest the simple way, just divide (or skip for zero) and round to half a heart.

DamageEnergyConsumption : EU / point of damage

DamageCap : Max amount of damage points per event

Background:
    First, thanks for IC2, Minecraft would not be the same without it. I absolutely love the dynamics of the Jetpack/LapPack in combination with the QuantumSuit. No easy creative mode flying in survival, strap on the Jetpack if you really want to “fly” but you'd still be better off using an HS rail infrastructure going from A to B. Nothing against the GraviSuite mod but after going through all the effort creating the GraviSuite it I just couldn't play the mixed creative/survival and had to remove it after 2 days.

We play with no passive health regen on hard mode to get that “Adventure” feel but with the current state of the QuantumSuit Bodyarmor the adventure goes out the window. Now strap on the JetPack/LapPack and it's a whole different story, the way it should be if you want to fly and shoot exploding lasers. Being able to configure the QuantumSuit Bodyarmor for an adjusted play style would certainly be appreciated.