Posts by JaffaKree

Your Breeder isnt bad , but you enrich alot faster at 9k heat (4x as fast) and since your breeder gains heat you either have to manually cool it while it enriches or it will go critical.

I'm sorry, but everything about that statement is wrong. You hear people say "it's going critical!" too much in fiction, when in reality, that means the reactor is functioning perfectly normally. Supercritical is still not much to worry about. Prompt Critical is what you're looking for. When translated into everyday English, it means "The reactor is about to meltdown. Get the hell outta here!" or "Well, fuck it. I'm outta here! Peace! -runs madly in the other direction-", and then there's prompt supercritical, which is entirely impossible for reactors to do.

Just though I would mention it.

This. Annoys. Me. So Much.

A reactor going critical is a good thing. If a reactor didn't, it could never work. What you're referring to is when the reactor is supercritical, when it's heating up. Of course, it's always the most fun when all control is lost and the reaction goes prompt supecritical. Also known as "kiss your base goodbye"

Propmt supercritical is what nukes do. I think you're thinking of ordinary old melty melty prompt critical.
    /learned all that from TV Tropes
    /is proud

It seems slightly inefficient to me, but it looks excellent other than that! And no component melt-downs, you say? Let's try that one out... :evil:

Also, just out of curiosity, what was the name for the reactor design? I can guess, but I like confirmation.

If the holographic map table were to be implemented, I can already see myself setting one up in my base and laughing at all the Creepers I've tagged, with the tracker dart thing that someone else suggested, while watching their frivolous attempts to kill me. And the portable map I imagine as an iPad, for some weird reason...