Posts by JTTCOTE

I've got the right version of AE, I tested it in creative (only exploded two reactors, once from forgetting to change the damage value split on the removing bus and once from forgetting to power the ME Network)

I was wondering about how exactly nuclear EU/t is calculated. Reactors pulse every second, do they give a massive pulse of energy every second, or is it spread out over time? If it's spread out, I assume it would spend one second outputting the EU generated the previous second, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, for getting energy out of nuclear reactors - are there any machines in IC2 (no GT) that can directly take >2048 EU/t, or do I have to step it down with multiple HV transformers?

Third, what's the difference between a CRCS and DDoS reactor, if there is any?

Lastly, in your opinion, what defines a CRCS reactor? I would say a reactor that cycles cooling items and produces no hull heat to be able to run continuously without turning off and cooling down, but others may disagree.

Quite the barrage of questions, answers would be appreciated!

While the CRCS FAQ thread was very helpful, it left me with quite a few questions. I'm playing FTB Unleashed on a server, so I don't have gregtech.

At one point in the thread, it links this design for a cooling tower:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…v5107480vcutgf5op852o4um8

(apologies, I don't know how to do links here) and says this:
    "However, considering it gets a revolutionary 95 cooling per cell per second,"

I replaced the 60K Cooling cells with Quad Uranium cells, which it can't cool, and found that it had 544 vent cooling according to the reactor planner:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?ghevwa9fs3vgy6g4uhzwrbdem3u6x03bzp9oy93wpwdozcnp3c1a2bq43fuaz8dmnn5fh8eea8bp4w

544/6 cooling cells = 90.666 Cooling per second, not 95. Is replacing it with quad cells and measuring vent cooling not a valid way of finding cooling power, or is the math wrong there?

I'm also confused on applying this. Let's say I have a reactor with a 65 second microcycle time that uses 18 60K Cooling cells, to choose really high numbers. Through the magic of being able to make your own numbers, this conveniently splits into three of the "95 cooling/sec" reactors linked above. 60000/90 (giving a safety margin) is 667 seconds, which is 10.26 times the microcycle time. Does this mean this reactor would need 3 groups * 11 cooling stacks = 33 cooling stacks, or can a ME network reduce that by storing full ones? (No GT, so no freezers).

Help would be appreciated in understanding CRSC