Posts by Kerrus

Earlier today I was building a secure anti-nuke bunker- accessible only via teleport and running off a combination of dedicated solar power lines and nuclear power when it occurred to me that if we can pay energy to teleport mass, why can't we teleport energy?

Ideally this would be a top tier energy converter- maybe made of a teleporter and a HV transformer or something along those lines, which would take power from its input faces and teleport it out its output face to a linked Power Beamer.

Obviously these machines wouldn't work for people, but otherwise they'd function similarly to teleporters allowing for the transfer of energy over large distances where massive wiring arrays would otherwise be impractical.

More importantly, such a device would allow for the use of truly 'closed' bunkers or the like, receiving exterior power from secure sites.

I'm having this problem on my server too. It's fine for short range teleporters (we're talking line of sight- maybe sixty blocks away), but longer than that and freqtrans seem to lose their info.

For instance, let's say I have a teleporter hooked up to four MFSU blocks each full to the brim. This should be able to teleport me a fairly decent distance.

I link a freq trans to the teleporter, and then I head 100 blocks in any direction, plop down a new teleporter, and click on it to link it.

Instead, the freq-trans behaves as though it weren't linked, and I link it to the new teleporter instead of linking both.

Multiple attempts to make this work haven't yielded results- but it seems like if I move a certain distance overland the freqtrans will bug. Note: If I shortcut through the nether- and only then if I don't take too long- I can occasionally get long range teleporters linked, but it will always behave as the other examples in this thread, ie: one way.

Currently I'm building several short range (line of sight on normal distance) teleport links, going from one to another to another. It's expensive as heck, but it's the only thing that works.