Posts by ChaosWarrior

@ Above because he only wanted to have induction furnace that being an actual RL technology

This makes no sense! IRL we have those kinds of machines in different capabilities. Cheaper, more common machines like official IC² and more expensive, high tech, high output machines like the induction furnace or these from the addon! MinecraftZombie
    Besides in IC² we have the mass fabricator that itself and the use in the mod is completely unrealistic, but it's there and people love it, even more considering it's a good excuse to develop nuclear reactors that are more crazy then Chernobyl's.
    It makes perfect sense to have an advanced counter part to the standard machines!

Alblaka is right. Growing coal sucks, players will just create farm trees, change them into charcoal, and later use it as fuel. The point is to balance coal using, at start i used it to generate power, now i macerate it and make solar panels from it, now i get around 62E/T from just solar panels, so my machinery don't need fuel ( but if i turn on my óber diamond drill 9x9 area miner x3 energy depletes quickly, and i need to turn my reactor on. )

Yep! Totally OP just growing trees, burning wood and making coal fuel stuff. After planting trees and chopping them the rest can be automated with Buildcraft, so EPIC OP! I like the balance right now. Using charcoal itself only in iron furnaces and generators, then I just make solar panels after getting the macerator and then there is no need for fuel most of the time. And there's plants to be used as fuel, takes a lot of plants, but using a sugar cane plantation w/ pistons auto farming and Buildcraft it's efficient! Just have to make a plantation big enough! Just make sure you burn the sugar cane in the generator, do NOT make biofuel(it's highly inefficient, I don't no why...doesn't make any sense)!
    Also, I use a independent solar panels array w/ a MFE to power the miner w/ OV card and diamond drill. The magic number seems to be 23-24 solar panels and using energy cristals to temporarily store the MFE energy is essential if you just move everything around to avoid losing to much EU!
    Then I can use different solar panels w/ MFE to power my machines in different locations. Segmented local power generation is the key to energy efficiency in the future in Minecraft and IRL! :D