Posts by Yusunoha

My first topic probably got deleted by probably not posting it in the right format, my fault. So here goes again.

I would like to change the settings that stop rubber wood from being able to be pushed by pistons, so it can be pushed by pistons.
    Sadly I am a noob at coding, and I tried opening the .class file for rubbed wood in notepad, but it came out all jibberish. (Yes, I really am a noob at coding.)

So my question is if this setting can be changed, and how I can change it.
    I hope someone can help me with this.

Name of your plant: Silk Plant
    Tier: 6
    Short description: This plant grows silk, and when harvested it will drop wool. if you right click a dye on it, the plant will change it colors, and the dropped wool will have the same color as the dye you applied. applying another dye, on an already dyed plant, will give it a different (available) color. (doesnt mean you can make any color you want, the color needs to be available) it takes 3 minecraft days for the plant to go from stage 1 to stage 2
    Appearance: it first looks like wheat, that is its first stage, its second stage looks like a normal dandelion/rose, but first in white. and if you apply a dye to it itll change it color according to the dye,
    Gain: it produces wool, if you harvest it by hand, it drops 1 wool and 1 seed and breaks the plant, if you harvest it with shears, itll drop more wool (like it does with a sheep) when sheared the plant will go back to stage 1 till it regrows to stage 2. when harvested in stage 1, itll only drop 1 seed at a 50% rate
    Attributes: the silk is produced by cocoons of larvae, but the insects are too small to see, instead it gives of light colored particles at sunset/sunrise, which represents the bugs moving to the plants.
    Special abilitys/effects: this plant is very fragile, if you walk on it itll scare the insects away and no silk can be produced. so any touching without pressing shift causes the plant to be completely destroyed. insects like it near water, so a water source needs to be placed within a 2 block radius. the plant also needs to be planted above groundlevel 50, otherwise the insects cant get near it.

Name of your plant: Lilac Flower
    Tier: 8
    Short description: This plant gives of a scent that any mob, whether it be a good or bad mob, dislikes, causing an area to become mob-free. this is helpful if you like to have the front of your house, or a certain area mob free to do your thing.
    Appearance: first stage is that of a pumpkin seed, 2nd stage it looks like a rose, but then in light purpleish color.
    Gain: harvesting a stage 1 plant drops no seed, harvesting a stage 2 plant drops 1 to 2 seeds. no tool is needed for harvesting
    Attributes: the scent thats given of by this plant keeps any mobs away in a 3x3 area. the radius can be increased if you plant them close to eachother, which strengthens the scent and thus increases the radius
    Special abilitys/effects: this is a sturdy plant, you can easily walk over it without destroying it, but it needs alot of sunglight, so it can only be planted above ground.

Name of your plant: Lilac Flower
    Tier: 8
    Short description: This plant gives of a scent that any mob, whether it be a good or bad mob, dislikes, causing an area to become mob-free. this is helpful if you like to have the front of your house, or a certain area mob free to do your thing.
    Appearance: first stage is that of a pumpkin seed, 2nd stage it looks like a rose, but then in light purpleish color.
    Gain: harvesting a stage 1 plant drops no seed, harvesting a stage 2 plant drops 1 to 2 seeds. no tool is needed for harvesting
    Attributes: the scent thats given of by this plant keeps any mobs away in a 3x3 area. the radius can be increased if you plant them close to eachother, which strengthens the scent and thus increases the radius
    Special abilitys/effects: this is a sturdy plant, you can easily walk over it without destroying it, but it needs alot of sunglight, so it can only be planted above ground.

Name of your plant: Carbon Plant
    Tier: 14
    Short description: This little plant is the new stuff on plant research, if you take carbon fiber, and you macerate it, and if you combine the macerated carbon dust with a plantball, you can make a carbon seed. but research is still a little unknown about this plant and it seems to have a bit of weird attributes to it.
    Appearance: it's the same as wheat, but its black colored
    Gain: when harvested in it's final stage, itll drop carbon plates. if harvested before the final stage, itll drop seeds.
    Attributes: this plant needs alot of pressure to be able to produce carbon plates, thats why it can only be planted on groundlevel 7, 1 level above bedrock. it can only be planted on a stone block, and it needs a light level of 0 to be able to grow. you also need to place a block above it to put pressure on it.
    Special abilitys/effects: this plant is near indestructable, unless you are planning to ask a creeper for a dance near it. this plant needs alot of pressure so it takes a long time before it can produce carbon plates, but if you plant a few of these, and come back in a week in minecraft, you can get quite a bit of carbon plates for basically nothing.

just a few ideas of mine, disregard if its not interesting or not possible

Or make a modified extractor that you can leave in the middle of a rubber plantation that does a similar job to the miner but with resin.
    Slap a solar panel on top of it and you're good to go!

that'd make it too easy IMHO, gathering resin isn't much work to do, it's just very annoying to constantly have to make treetaps because they wear out so quickly

For players like me who are quite established in game, collecting more wood just to make treetaps is really a chore (since one collects only abt 20 odd sticky resin). So basically i suggest an electric treetap, much like the electric wrench. The recipe can probably be the same too (change out wrench for treetap). :Treetap:

haha, I was just about to suggest this.
    it's really a pain to constantly make treetaps to gather resin, and you also can't stack treetaps so you can't carry a stack of them with you.
    so I also thought that an electric treetap would be quite useful for this.

the recipe could be like you suggested, but instead of a wooden treetap you could, for example, make a treetap out of refined iron, making this item a bit more expensive.

I didn't read everything that changed from IC > IC2 and I just crafted a Nano Suit :Nano-Helmet: :Nano-Bodyarmor: :Nano-Leggings: :Rubber Boots: to find out that the special abilities has been moved to the Quantum Suit :Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots: .
    so k, that's not a problem, because it was some really OP abilities.

so I put on my nano suit and wanted to do some digging with my diamond drill :Diamond Drill: and I saw my drill not being charged like it would with a batpack :RE Battery:
    now I don't remember how it used to be in IC but I really had a "WTF" moment MinecraftChar

if you consider everything you needed for a Nano Suit :Nano-Helmet: :Nano-Bodyarmor: :Nano-Leggings: :Rubber Boots: it's pretty damn expensive for just some rechargeable armor, and that's really a shame.
    so I thought it'd be nice if the Nano Suit :Nano-Helmet: :Nano-Bodyarmor: :Nano-Leggings: :Rubber Boots: could power certain equipment like the (diamond :Diamond Drill: ) drill :Mining Drill: , chainsaw :Chainsaw: and electric wrench :Wrench: like it'd with a batpack :RE Battery:

and I was also thinking for a while it'd be really nice if a backpack slot was added to Minecraft with IC2. the backpack slot would be for example for a batpack :RE Battery: or a jetpack :Jetpack: or an eletric jetpack :Electric Jetpack:
    that way you can wear full armor and still use some of the backpakcs.

sadly I was disappointed when I found out that the Quantum Suit didn't really have anything special.
    some of the things that I'd for example would've liked to see is if you for example equipped the helmet, data will be displayed in your sight of view of for example how much power your suit has left and for example a radarmap showing mobs that are close to you. and something like a night vision function, or just a really bright version when you're in a really dark place. I'd have also liked to see that the fast running and high jumping could be toggled, instead of keeping a key pressed ( don't know for sure if this changed because I haven't gotten to try the suit out yet) I was also hoping to see that the boots would be able to make you fly a short distance or hover like the jetpack. and with the leggings you could have a stronger knockback against mobs.

some of these functions would only work when you've equipped a certain other part of the suit, and ofcourse the full suit gives full functions.

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'd have liked to see this with the Quantum Suit to make it a worthy successor of the Nano Suit