Posts by metalface

Can't figure out why this is happening, from everything I can tell I installed everything properly and it happens both in single player as well as in the server. I open up the howler and under the sound menu nothing is displayed and if I click where the options should be, crashes the game. Same thing with the Industrial Alarm, and neither outputs any audio. I'm running Minecraft 1.6.4, NEI 1.6.1.7, NEI plugin 1.1.0.4, IC2E 2.0.327, Easycoloredglass 1.6.4.104, codechickencore 0.9.0.6, and NC 1.6.2d. The server is running forge-universal 1.6.4-9.11.1.916. Also had the same problem when using NC version C on build 305 of IC2E with no colored glass mod.

No, can be as many chunks as you like. They just all need to be loaded.

ohhhh so if there was someone else standing at the MFSU while I was standing at the centrifuge, both chunks would be loaded and thus everything would be all happy. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup: (trying to increase my understanding those kind of interactions within the game)

Also +1 on the Advanced Miner. I would love to test it, but I cannot seem to get it to do anything at all, not even put a drill in it.

I was messing around with the advanced miner earlier, once you hook up the power supply, put either an OV or OD Scanner in the top left slot. Activate the miner with RS (I used a lever right on the miner itself) and watch it go. Playing around with the modes, on white list it just picks up everything it can within the scanners range unless you have a block specified which it scans in a linear pattern picking up only that block. Couldn't get it to work with multiple ores however. Black list I wasn't really able to get to work, so not really sure on that one. Hope that helps. Oh and no need for a drill or piping, uses a built in teleporter/wizard....

Hey so I just updated to build 327 and it appears there have been some changes made to the power that I just can't seem to wrap my head around. To test I set up a thermal centrifuge with depleted mox cells in it (something that would have a high draw. I then set up 4 sets of cables; insulated tin, copper, gold and hv all running in a straight line to determine how far the energy would go and to determine if there was any difference between the cables. The results confused me slightly.... I was able to go a straight line distance of 161 blocks (cable length of 161 blocks) with each thermal centrifuge losing power at the same distance, thus no difference in cable type. However If I go the same distance in lets say the x plane (161 blocks) and offset it in the y plane (6 blocks) giving me a total cable length of 167, the thermal centrifuge still gets power and runs happy as a clam. It seems anywhere past a distance in one plane past 161 power doesn't get transferred. Any help would be greatly appreciated I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall trying to figure this out haha.