Posts by GregTheBuilder

Wiring differences : Now, you have to control where all your energy goes or it will just exceed the maximum EU/t of your stuff and boom.
    Windmill fluctuation makes it a real pain to deal with, as you have to work with them considering the maximum EU/t (5 EU/t per windmill).

Therefore, a 64 windmill tower could input a 320 EU/t stream in the line, 6400 windmills (100 towers) could input 32000 EU/t and handling that energy is not easy.

Edit : However, it can get even worse, when EU loss gets implemented and transformers usage are required, which will make towers output spikes of 512 EU, with 100 towers there would be spikes of 51200 EU...

Is energy loss not implemented in IC2 experimental?! woah that explains a lot, anyway, the range you must clear in order for a Windmill to work is to build then 4 blocks away from each other right?

Can you add the option for the compact water mills to check for the same amount of block a normal watermill does, and yet produce the same output outlined before? basically just condensing a bunch of water mills together.
    I know this willl make it OP as hell(a condensed watermill that can output 2045EU without variation forerver?! who needs nuclar reactors?!, i would avoid using the extremely powerful ones for gameplay sake but the lv i would definitely give it a try

Hi everyone, just registered because i wanted IC2 community advise on "Low-Maintance" nuclear reactors.
    So, what are LM Nuclear Reactors? well, everytime i think of nuclear reactors the most desirable thing about them in real life, is the fact that you can produce energy anywhere, moderately-high amounts, which is true in IC2 ones, but, another aspect of nuclear reactors is their breeding capabilites, mainly, in minecraft people usually breed uranium cells in SMP for nukes or feeding other big reactors, and normally designs are either going all the way efficiency, which results in extra-risky builds that output over 2k EU/t, which is good nothing against it, but i prefer safer ones, or you go for breeder reactors which output measly 25EU/t maximum(often), while at the same time breeding many0 new cells per active U-Cell inside it.
    The main idea behind my reactors is, balancing those two concepts, being the most efficient while at the same time breeding the same amount of cells you require to keep the reactor running, also i try not to go over mark III class designs, as the whole low-maintaince thing implies that i don't lose any components(at least the minimum possible).
    So far, the most EU/t i got from my designs(using the java tool) is 100, it's pretty low, but these reactors can run for indefinite amounts of time, given you have the resources to recraft the enriched cells back to normal uranium ones, here's the link if you wanna see it: GregReactor I
    also If you wanna spend lapis for maintaince i got two variations:
    GregReactor-L I (output=140 EU/t);
    GregReactor-L II (output=230EU/t);

I made these designs a long time ago, so i'm not sure if they stil up-to-date. Anyway, you have any ideas for Low-Maintance reactors? what you think of mine?