Posts by TartarusMkII

Some time ago, months ago, I made a thread about how the cost to make bio fuel exceeded the value in EU's it produced, making the net EUs of biofuels a negative value.

Has this been fixed? According to the wiki and my limited calculations, it has not. But please, does anyone know for sure?

Lol if he gets banned for quoting that, I am never using this forum again. Just saying. That's very silly. I thought people were banned for being inconsiderate and stupid (not realizing that yes, Al is working on it, shut the hell up), not "This question shall not appear anywhere ever."

This is the page for the BatPack

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Batpack

Does anyone remember the old version of the page? With the picture of batman? I think the wiki could stand to -all- be raised to this new easy-to-understand format. Unlike this:

http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…itle=Chainsaw_(Uncharged)

Yes, I played MNC since it's XBL beta. I don't see how the theme has anything to do with a minecraft mod about machinery. Sorry.

Running my own server, people ask me all the time where to get things like specific parts and things mentioned in the "advertisements" and I am so sick of explaining: "no, those things don't actually exsist, the author just wanted to be funny and make s***t up."

That is so weird, Greg. I just deleted it to test it anyway to be fair, but I was GOING to say that it didn't work even if I did. I chose to leave it in because I read somewhere on the forge's site that the newer versions need it in. I guess some how I had left it out before? Very very strange. Thank you for causing me to -actually- delete it this time. I suppose since It wasn't the usual black screen, I didn't think it had anything to do with it.

Thanks a lot, mate.

-edit

So I have a new issue. Red Power only works with 1.2.3. No problem, I understand. Can anyone tell me how to find old versions of minecraft -SERVER- .jars? I have MCNostalgia, so that's not an issue for the client. But where the hell can I get a 1.2.3 server? And no, I don't believe it's against the terms of service, so I won't bother hearing any whining about my request.

Thanks guys. And yes, I spent 4 hours googling. Don't ask me to try again.

Firstly, yes, I am aware this is not the forum for MCForge. I already posted for help there, and got no reply. I consider this community to be of a higher quality in the first place, so please, respect that I favor this place more, and that is why I ask my question here instead.

In my other thread, I explained how the wiki's instructions for the 1.2.4 version of IC2 are incorrect. Please don't bother talking about that too much here, as I already made a thread about it, with all due respect.

Here is what I am doing. The results will follow.
    ---
    I am taking a clean 1.2.4 .jar, which is confirmed to work.

I am opening it, NOT DELETING META-INF.

I am taking, from http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/topic/forge-downloads/ , the files down at the bottom, in Dependancies: ModLoader 1.2.4, and ModLoaderMP Client 1.2.4v1, and of course, Forge 2.0, which according to that page, is for 1.2.4v1.

I am moving the files into the .jar in the order I downloaded them.

---
    Using a .bat, I start the game, and in the command prompt all I -EVER- see, is the report of opening the file. The splash comes up, I log in, and then the bar stays at the last bit of it, and says "Done Loading", and will not continue from there.

Please, do not ask for an error report. There is none. There is no report from the CMD Prompt other than it not finding the credential files if I previously wiped my .minecraft folder before the test.

There does not seem to be any record anywhere of the files needed to make this work. The wiki does not state which versions of what that I need.

Any help would be -very- appreciated, because I said, I respect this community.

Before I begin, I want to show you something.

First, start here.

http://www.industrial-craft.net/

click Download. Scroll down and read "Setup" and "How to Install". Do you see any problem here? Does this seem very user friendly at all? Ok, next, try to download the things you need. Notice something funny? ModLoaderMP doesn't even exist anymore.

Today I tried to update my private server's mods to be up to date with 1.2.5, and as always, I started with IC2 as it is the core of my suite.

I could not continue updating my server because the instructions to installing it are inconclusive. I was able to obtain something called ModLoaderMP 1.2.5, but I fail even before needing it. Doing the instructions for Setup and How to Install lead to either a freeze during loading, or a black screen. Yes, META-INF is deleted, I have only compiled minecraft servers maybe 50 times now.

I always complained that the wiki looks like it is written by a 5 year old, but now I feel that this is serious. Does this horrible redundant instruction page really cut it?

Also, I don't think this is IC2's fault, but what the hell happened to ModLoaderMP? Did Flan just erase it from the internet, KNOWING that so many mods depend on it?????