Posts by dookie4455

You guys remember the Omni-Mod? they did it successfully. I mean yeah it was never updated much but they did have uranium with radiation. lag free as well

First off, i would like to start by saying this is by far my most favorite mod :) and now on to the suggestion:

The Lightning Rod:
    The lightning rod would be a block, or rather 3 blocks high (like a cactus or a sugar cane) that would basically increase the chance of lightning striking on this block. Now what it would do is take that energy from the lightning bolt and transport it through a cable into an MFE or MFS unit (1.12 jiggawats?!?! No, probably like 100,000 EU since lightning is rare and it still would not strike the block 100% of the time) Now you're probably asking "But an MFE unit only holds 60,000 EU?". Exactly, you would need atleast 3 of them to capture one lightning bolt. If you do not.. well lets just say things may overload.

recipe:
    [] [] [Iron]
    [] [Iron] [] = Lightning Rod. (these stack up to 3 times, each one increasing the % chance of being struck by lightning)
    [Iron] []

Now since lightning storms are VERY rare, this probably isnt the best option for power. However with the new Weather-O-Matic, it should be quite the boost of electricity!

The Weather Machine:
    This machine would be an advanced machine. It would have to be placed outside (obviously) and have a direct view of the sky. It would require 200,000 EU of power to activate, and depending on what you put in it, changes the weather!
    Snowball = snow
    Bucket of Water = rain (if you also add a bat-pack it will charge the water, creating a thunderstorm)
    nothing = clear skies
    Maybe a few secrets too ;)

It could be crafted as such:

[] [Lapisblock] []
    [advanced circuit] [Advanced machine] [Advanced Circuit]
    [Irrigation TCM] [Uranium fuel ingot] [Freezing TCM]

since it has a uranium core, i feel it should have a chance to backfire, seeing as playing with nature should not be that easy ;)

Feel free to add on to the suggestion

i support this idea 100%. it would be cool to have the aesthetics (and dangers) of industry :D perhaps radiation as well? it could spread out from the reactor(and perhaps uranium ore as well? that way players would have to construct lead armor or a hazmat suit or something), unless it is contained in an obsidian or reinforced metal container.

These artillary cannons would be massive structures, built in a specialized crafting table made for building large weapons. (sort of like the planes mod, where in order to craft that big plane you need a bigger crafting table, this is the same concept)

the cannon would be a large "vehicle" that you would right click to get in, and then move you're mouse to control. When in the vehicle, there would be 2 screens, one of them showing the barrel of the cannon, and the other one showing the area that the shell would hit.

Thats basically it, it would shoot massive shells and well, kaboom, WW2 style.
    Instructions for using:
    -Build in the crafting table (i do not have recipes)
    -right click on a block to set it down (it would be a really big cannon, like the AA guns from the planes mod but way bigger)
    -aim the cannon
    -left click to shoot!

Thats pretty much it. It might be impossible to do but i figured i'd suggest it anyway since we need some more weapons :P