Posts by MechBFP

As it has been SAID QUITE A LOT OF TIMES, especially by Player, the E-Net is current WIP and bound to change later. Soon enough, you can have your billion BatBoxes to another BatBox. However, once you put down a CESU, you're dead.

I am afraid I don't understand the point of your post? Are you saying that the new E-net will now behave inconsistently between voltage levels?

If that is the case, that is even worse then before!

I'll have to agree with a lot of people on this thread, the new system is definitely worse than the old system. I'll admit the first time while playing IC2 that I realized I could send a billion 32 EU packets down a single copper cable I was like "lol that doesn't much sense", but I got over it pretty fast because it just came down to "don't put more voltage on a machine then it can handle" and I was happy.

While I agree the new system is more realistic, it simply isn't fun which is the most important thing in my mind.

I definitely thinks that there needs to be some sort of solution that limits the amount of EU through a cable, but it absolutely can't impact the mod in a way that is frustrating or tedious, which the new system does.

I think the best way (as some have suggested) is to limit the amount of EU/t that can go through a cable. However I also suggest that if a wire is delivering more EU/t then it can handle, that it will start to get visibly hot & smoke. If you leave it long enough (say 30 seconds maybe), it has a chance to catch fire (which could set other things on fire) and after say 60 seconds it simply burns/melts away.

In this way you are forcing people to distribute their power grids in order to prevent overheating wires without the frustration and confusion of randomly exploding machines just by adding 1 extra coal generator. It also gives the player a chance to notice their screw up and "fix the problem" before some of their wires burn up, rather than all their wires just suddenly disappearing/exploding for no apparent reason.