Posts by Slizyboy

There is a thing with the geothermal generator's GUI where you put in your lava cell and the generator accepts it and outputs power but the GUI won't show how much lava's left to burn. The exterior does change to show it's burning but the inside doesn't change at all and I can't tell if I need another cell yet.

Are you talking the bar on the right or the square in the middle? If you're talking about the square in the middle, I've found I need to put in at least 3 or 4 buckets of lava before that square will show any change.I've never seen the bar on the right change ever, though.

I saw this was already discussed earlier, but I'm looking at this from more of an exploit-like situation. Especially in conjunction with BC, you can very easily make infinite geothermal power with buckets and some simple piping, by setting up a situation where the miner tries to mine through some falling lava. Since it treats running lava the same as regular lava, if you only have one pump attached, it will cycle too fast, run out of pumps, wait for the pump to empty, and try again. In this case, having a slow stream of buckets flowing in means that the miner will always just keep trying to mine the 'one' lava block, filling a bucket, and generating a stream of free lava.

The quick and dirty solution is to just ignore flowing/non-source lava blocks in the miner code. Is the current method meant to simulate having to actively pump out whatever lava is in the way to get to the ore? In that case, what if you're using an OV scanner, and ore might potentially be more than 3 lava blocks away?

Old thread I was looking at: http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&postID=10067

This one is bizarre. Here's the way to repro:
    1) Place an MFE at face-level, exactly in front of you. Output dot should be facing you.
    2) Dig one block down, so now the MFE is just above your head.
    3) Crouch.
    4) Wrench the underside of the MFE.
    5) Observe that the output dot is on the top side, and if you connect power to the top side, the MFE does not charge.
    6) Crouch and wrench the underside of the MFE again. See the MFE drop.
    Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    3) Do not crouch.
    4) Wrench the underside of the MFE.
    5) Observe the output dot goes on the bottom.
    6) Wrench the bottom, the MFE drops.
    6a) If you instead crouch and wrench, the output dot goes on the top.
    6b) If you crouch and wrench, and the output dot goes on the top, you can either wrench the top *or* crouch+wrench the bottom to get it to drop.

This also repro's with the batbox.

640 EU/t CASUC reactor = 128,000,000 EU in 2.7 hours
    128 EU/t Solar Array = 128,000,000 EU in 27.0 hours

I think it's fine.

640 EU/t is only achievable if you have, I dunno, BuildCraft or something. Considering nuclear just with IC2 and nothing else, I agree with the OP, it is more feasible for me to just make a bunch of solar panels. Lot less fun to be sure, but still...