Posts by Deef

Both of your reactor designs do not seem to work for me. The first one uses gregtech components (is the iridium reflector considered ic2-only?) and even the second one uses
    component heat exchangers, which are not allowed in fluid reactors.

Hi all,

I used to play IC2 a lot during the glory days of the technic modpack. After coming back to minecraft after some time I was glad to see my favourite mod was still active.
    However I am very confused by the new nuclear system. I am pretty much in the endgame on my current world and I'm looking to build a reactor with as much electricity generation as possible.
    I remember making a reactor that pretty much solely consisted of uranium rods and a few slots that could be filled with water buckets or snowballs. I had a lot of fun designing an automated system using all sorts of machines from different mods.

So my question is if it is still possible to make a reactor similar to that using the new nuclear reactor system and if so, how to build it. (unless it is extremely specific, I do not need instructions on how to build the coolant automation system)
    Building cost is not really an issue, but I would like to make my reactor as "renewable" as possible (i.e. minimise/eliminate running costs).

Thanks in advance for your help