Posts by kiochy

well

chickenchunks has been removed. no sign of cable disconecting from machine yet.

will continue monitoring this issue for a bit but it seems that chickenchunks was the problem.

Edit: Arhg. there it strikes again. not solved at all

You're saying that Chicken chunks may be the one behind my past world corruption? If you can explain it a bit further I am interested

about the cables:

First I placed my windmill&solar array&logistic junction... I placed my machine and it worked fine for 2 weeks.

then since last week, everytime the chunk is unloaded the cables disconnect from the non-ic2 mods.

to make them connect again, I have to break and put back the block. breaking the cable doesn't help a bit.

about the "I'm sure it will corrupt this chunk abfter a bit of time": It worked for two weeks, so I assume that if I move my stuff to the next chunk, I'll have 2 weeks before it breaks again?

1.5.2 was my first time with a lot of mods, so to me it was the best version ever :whistling:

Edit: If chickenchunks deals with world corruption, removing it now may help? or I need to create a new world?

I suppose not all of the mods in his Private Modpack are updated to 1.7.10, many cool mods are stuck at 1.6.4 as you well know (*cough*traincraft*cough*). I have been tempted to go back to 1.6.4 for Traincraft and some others as well, but I remembered how laggy and Traincraft is even with plenty of RAM on singleplayer and how IC2 had less stuff so I decided to wait for it to update (and still am waiting).

Huu ... lazyness :D and yep some of my mods aren't ported to 1.7.10 :/

I played on 1.2.5 when people had fun with 1.5.2, played 1.5.2 when 1.6.4 was live, I'll wait for 2.0 before moving to 1.7.10 :P

"So all the IC2 things connect properly but all the addon things don't... No idea with this one." This exactly. but ONLY on ONE chunk 8| . I bet thta if I move my stuff to another chunk, it will "corrupt" this one too after a bit of time.

pretty sure it has something to do with chunk loading, forge or chickenchunks?

Hi,

I'm on 1.6.4, I use industrialcraft-2_2.0.397-experimental and forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal along some other mod in a Private modpack. i'm not a native english, sorry my bad english.

Now to the problem: I use Ic2 cable to connect my solar panel, my low voltage windmill(from compactwindmill) and a low voltage solar array(from compactsolararray) to my batbox, which is connected to a logistic power junction(from logisticPipes).

When The chunk is unloaded, and then loaded again, cables won't connect to my windmill/lowvoltagearray/logisticpowerjunction , but my batbox and my solar panel are still connected with cables.

I ran some test, and it looks like ONE chunk has this problem, not the others. I know the problem may come from the mod who manage the chunk(forge?) rather than you but I beleve I'm not the first to experience this and you may have a solution. Google and the search function here didn't helped me.

it's a recent problem, played for two weeks and saw this since two days only.

Screenshots to explain it better:
    https://gyazo.com/5d578fb05b0213e727c151043e643e8b
    https://gyazo.com/e480a442e36c73a8c30bb0cb54886c5f
    https://gyazo.com/c15f4c52e7d40148d6b5957d5d0d897c
    https://gyazo.com/0ad31e4f604931ebe0e368dd4d554024

Yes, chunks are loaded with a dimensional anchor from immibis core.

Is there a way to keep the cables connected when I load the chunk back(connect to my server)? a file created by the one who manage the chunks? or is there a way to get around this problem? using other mods/blocks/item/... ?

Thx for the time you spend on this.

I stopped trying to resolve it, it seems that ASP& AM work only with experimental release.

i'll keep an eye on this post, just in case of someone can give me a clear answer (it CAN'T work/ Here is the version you need/...).