Posts by Atomsk

Hi Everyone,

I am having a similar issue, with Adv. Info Panels and Remote Thermal monitors. After a relog, the blocks dont update and have to be broken and placed again for them to work.

All the info on the screens is frozen and i need to break them and replace them to repair it.

It happend after update of ic2 experimental, mcpc+, and forge so i'm not sure which one is responsible.
    Anyway right now we are using
    industrialcraft-2_2.0.374-experimental
    mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B223
    forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965

Thanks in advance :)

Ah I get it!

The Closer you get to 0 the longer the cooling would take. So to keep it optimal you damage cells to 25% and put them back at 75%, thus keeping cooling time cycle down with higher efficiency.

Was not aware that the CH Exchangers equalizes the heat, only though it pushed it out to other components.

@gorlak8, I had it set to 99% but the cooling still took to long. I will try the lower settings for cooled cells.

Thanks again for the help :)

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to the Nuclear Reactor Design and have played around with a quite a few builds that I have seen here from the very informative post of HAYO! Corp (Skavier470) and ShneekeyTheLost, and a few I came up with the help of the Reactor planner(Not as efficient as what have been posted).

One of my large projects was to create a LZH Reactor and repair the LZH condensators, I quickly learned that this is not at all viable on survival due to the amount of Lapis required. I read a few threads on CRCS Reactors and started building a few small reactors to see how the cooling works.

The problem I am having now is that the heat from the 60k coolant cells are moved around in the Cooling tower and never dissipates completely. This is the design.

From what I gather, the Component Heat Exchanger moves the heat between Coolant Cell and the adjacent Overclocked Heat Vents, creating a loop of heat being passed back and forth.

I have tried the other Grid Layout of Component heat Vents (here), but the rate at which heat is removed is 3-5 heat per Coolant Cell, which is very slow. With this method I did manage to setup a working reactor with two 6 chamber coolant towers hooked up to an AE system. But there are long periods where the reactor is inactive due to cells being cooled.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to provide some helpful information.

Thanks in advance :)