Posts by electronicmonk

Hello!

Omicron asked me to post this one from another thread I replied in.

It's a 6-chamber that may be a good compromise between Blackpalt's and Zombie's design in the list.. it produces more EU/t than Blackpalt's and uses less Uranium / Plutonium than Zombie's, so it may be worth looking at.

It's 100% thermally stable (+-0 heating), so once you have it heated up to 85%, it STAYS there with no automation required.
    Heat-up is swift if you remove the overclocked vents, takes me about 40 seconds or so to boot it up from zero.

Output COLD: 270 EU/t
    Output HOT: 1,177 EU/t
    Efficiency 3.86

(in case I missed a similar design in all the posts, Omicron feel free to :Nuke TNT: this response of mine ;)

Lots of the brawnier setups here require some degree of automation.

For those who can't (or won't) do that, here is the best I can come up with.

It's 100% thermally stable (+-0 heating), so once you have it heated up to 85%, it STAYS there with no automation required.
    Heat-up is swift if you remove the overclocked vents, takes me about 40 seconds or so to boot it up from zero.

Output COLD: 270 EU/t
    Output HOT: 1,177 EU/t (with MOX instead of Uranium, of course.)
    Efficiency 3.86

The empty slot in the lower right is meant for a Reactor Heat Exchanger, just incase you overshoot the 85% heat during warmup.

I know, this thread is kinda half a year old now, but I believe the design fits the topic best.
    If you know of a thread that could use my design better, feel free to post it there or let me know. :0)