Posts by The Doctor

In my case, the loading time was extreme with Gregtech and Galacticraft together. (~20min not first start)
    Removing galacticraft lowered the startup time to ~5min. I have about 60mods installed, including Binnies mods.

Also strange is, that the server needs about twice as long to start as my client, but the server has more powerfull hardware.

This is so strange, the post I made earlier where I have just over 3 minutes load times is with GregTech and GalactiCraft. Adding Binnie's Mod increased it for me to just over 10.

I don't think it's our glorious GregTech. I am slowly adding mods to my 1.7.10 pack.
    I have 76 mods loaded, one of them of course is GregTech.

[00:40:37] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
    [00:43:44] [IC2 audio init thread/INFO] [IC2]: IC2 audio ready.

Loading takes just over 3 minutes.

I then added some other mods;
    BiblioCraft
    BiblioWoods BoP
    BiblioWoods Forestry
    Big Reactors
    Binnie's Mod
    Botania
    Forestry

And my loading time shot up to over 10 minutes.
    I then removed the mods I mentioned above and started adding them again.

Big Reactors, no change in load times.
    +
    BiblioCraft, BiblioWoods BoP, BiblioWoods Forestry and Forestry, no change in load times.
    +
    Botania, no change in load times.

And finally I added Binnie's Mod and then it happened, loading times went up.

[01:12:41] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
    [01:22:51] [IC2 audio init thread/INFO] [IC2]: IC2 audio ready.

That is the information I have. Adding Binnie's Mod makes the loading times considerably longer. This is also not first launch, this is with every launch.

My 2 cents.

some of us require our system time to be accurate for other reasons

Okay, I apologize for that original post, that was childish and it was just because this is so annoying. I appreciate that it is a joke, but as has been said some people need their system clock to remain accurate and yes Mojang did a prank too but their prank is not as intrusive. It just seems ridiculous to have essentially fucked everyone over for a whole day of play just for the "lolz"

Change date. Load game. Revert date.

And then while you are playing (or not), stop blowing this out of proportion.