Posts by boybob227

Hello, all,

I'm a casual Minecrafter. I've played IC-2 off-and-on ever since my starting of Minecraft back in 1.2.5. There, backstory done.

The reason I'm here is because a couple days ago I realized that no matter how hard I try, I can't get Ic-2 things to explode, except of course iTnT and stuff that's supposed to explode. What I mean is my cables, batboxes and machines. So I did a little research and, to the best of my knowledge, it's got something to do with "experimental" versions, and how they no longer bow up stuff if it gets too much or too little energy, or something like that. So my question is: What's the deal with the experimental versions? Why do things no longer explode when the voltage is too high? What's the point of getting better cables if nothing explodes? Etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I've been trying to install IC2 off and on for months, but whenever I try, I've been getting a peculiar crash. Lately, I've discovered the joy of forums, so I decided to come here for help.

The crash, as described as best I can, goes like this: I install IC2 in the normal mods fashion (get the jar file, drag and drop into forge's "mods" folder, play), but whenever I try to launch the game, the launcher disappears for half a second, only to reappear that half-second later, leaving a heap of gibberish in the development console. Has anybody seen this before?

I can provide almost any information needed, but you'll need to be specific in your instructions, because I'm not good at following them. :)

Thanks in advance!!!

(PS: Stuff I know you'll need right off: yes, I ran forge before installing IC2; forge version 1.6.4-Forge9.11.1.965; industrial craft-2_2.1.440-; it's the only mod I have installed at the moment (will add more later); MacOSX 10.9.)