Posts by cckcckcc

I had tried GT5u with TFC a while ago and had no issues with ores and ingots. If I get time after work I'll look back through my old videos and see what I can find. My issue with doing it was crop sticks not working on TFC farmland and at the time there was no nether to spawn GT ores in so I was using custom ore gen to spawn small GT ores. Then I had a bad chunk error that ended the series and haven't gotten time to get back to it since the changes to TFC.

Hmm that's a thinker then. Really the only other core mods I am using are Railcraft, AE2, and Immersive Engineering. Can't imagine these would affect anything, but maybe I will test.

I got frequent chunk errors with custom ore gen & TFC even in their most recent iterations, so I nixed custom ore gen for the time being and used some of TFC's unused ores, which already generate, as replacements through minetweaker. Apparently you can add ore to TFC's generation through the TFCore.cfg too, just not tile entities like GT uses, so I will probably employee this hackery at some point to make the rest of the tech tree accessible.

Just trying to fix this problem at the moment though.

While I haven't checked in a while did you look in the unification config? but ya ores should not be unifying in any case.

I have, yes. I basically set all of the ores under the TerraFirma craft heading to "true". If my understanding is correct, this only stops TFC ores from unifying into GT's version of the ores. Doesn't seem to really be relevant except in the case of ingots, plates, etc. In gregtech.cfg "CraftingUnification" is still set to "true", but that doesn't affect the ores as far as I can tell, as I have tested with it set to false as well.

Someone over at TFC forums was making a similar custom modpack using GT 6 instead (I prefer 5 atm). They had an issue with TFC charcoal turning into vanilla charcoal when picked up off the ground. The guy talked to greg and apparently greg pushed out an update to "[FIXED] TerraFirmaCraft Item Unification to Vanilla Items." (6.01.06)

It seems like it might be a similar issue in GT 5 ex, but I might be wrong. Someone wiser could probably tell me for sure. Sounded like TFC coal was unifying to vanilla coal because both were registered as coal in the ore dictionary. Am I on the right track here at all? I think this is only an issue with ores specifically.

Regardless, I would love a workaround if anyone has ideas--minetweaker, config, code change--whatever. Blood Asp, perhaps you could weigh in? Am I completely off base here?

So, over at the TerraFirma Craft forums they told me that GT has a "world unification" feature that can't be turned off, unlike its inventory and machine unification.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround using minetweaker or another method that you guys could recommend. Basically there are multiple types of TFC copper and iron ores, all of which unify to one type of TFC copper or iron when picked up. Turning off inventory unification and giving TFC unification precedence in the configs doesn't help, apparently GT still tries to unify all of TFC's ores registered under the same ore dictionary value to a single type of TFC ore. If I remember correctly, TFC's mod authors use metadata to delineate between their various ores.

What do you guys think? Is there any way of fixing this short of writing my own compatibility mod?

Hey guys,

Can anyone take a look at this for me? I'm getting crashes when I load certain chunks while exploring, and then every time I load the save file after the initial crash has occurred. I'm assuming this has something to do with how terrafirmacraft/custom ore gen is affecting gregtech. The crash seems to only mention gregtech though, so I'm kind of stumped on what's causing the issue due to my rudimentary modding knowledge.

Though probably unrelated, I found a similar crash in reference to an older version of gregtech discussed here:
    [GregTech-6][1.7.10][Open-Alpha][Patreon][Please read Q/A first] Now with the Development IRC Channel #gt-dev on espernet.

Crash Report:
    http://pastebin.com/3ZqTNZYb

Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks.