Posts by Sieve

I was unaware that I could run IC and bukkit plugins. That solves the entire problem, since I was under the impression that with IC there was no bukkit, therefore no plugins.

This thread can be locked if needed

Name: IC Security Corp.

I am a huge fan of IC and it has motivated me to bring my server back online, but I am a little worried about security. Namely, protecting people from other people. The main reason for this is that I will make the server public, no whitelist for anyone who wants to play, since there seems to be a lack of public IC servers. Anyways, most of these features were implemented with Bukkit plugins, but these things would help any server not be a grief-fest:

1. Area protection: Make an Moderator only item that allows us to define areas for ownership, much like Residencies for Bukkit. It doesn't have to be too complicated, just have the default values set as no monsters, pvp, explosions, or building

2. Town Zone: Goes with the area protection, but let the Admin define an area as a town, where there is no pvp, explosions or monster spawns, and people can have their own areas within it.
    Residence (for reference/api)

3. Auto-Save: Admin specifies intervals for the map to be automatically saved and put in a backup folder. ie. Map auto saves every 30 minutes, in a folder with each backup named 8-12-11 12:00, 8-12-11 12:30, etc...
    SimpleSave seems close

4. Nuclear Reactor Safety Feature: Bedrock Doors that are unbreakable and only opened through some sort of admin tool, because I want to set up some reactors as communal energy sources, but I know someone will want to break down the doors and screw it up.

Also, these next 2 aren't high priority, but they would be nice, and the developers themselves might help out:

1. Dynmap port: Because it is awesome
    Dynmap

2. Minecraft Mobile Admin: A great administration tool, but again, not a huge need
    MMA

In case anyone was wondering about the server, it is a Blade server with
    4 3.0 Ghz Xeons
    12 Gigs of RAM
    Windows Server 2008 R2

I am hoping to host many people, which is why I feel the top four items would be a much needed addition for a larger number of players.

EDIT: Was expecting BB code, had to re-format links