Posts by spauldo

I haven't been able to find any information on the crop harvester and its capabilities. It doesn't help that MFR's harvester uses EU and thus every page on it says "industrialcraft."

It's apparently not the same as the one from GregTech, at least from what little I've been able to find. At least I hope not, because the one page I found said the GregTech one only works on the block directly in front of it.

So can someone who actually knows firsthand give me some information on this? What's its range? How many blocks above and below is it capable of? Anything special about the cropnalyzer slot (i.e. is it required for regular operation, and if not, what's the difference? Do you have to have a charged battery in the cropnalyzer? If so, do you have to replace said battery periodically, etc.)?

I notice the Crop-Matron takes water now instead of hydration cells. Is water the correct liquid? Are there alternative liquids that provide better/worse performance? Does the Crop-Matron still support crops within one vertical block of the machine? Does it still support a 9x9 area?

I know I could experiment to find this out, but that wouldn't solve the lack of information on these blocks (and anything I post from experimentation might be in error). So I'm asking if anyone here knows the definitive word on these, and hopefully people searching for this will be able to find out as well.

I've been trying to crossbreed some crops, and for some reason the cropnalyzer just isn't working for me.

It does work if I right-click a crop. It just won't scan a seed bag. I put the bag in the upper left slot, and nothing happens.

I've got a fully charged energy crystal in there, and like I said, it does scan crops if I right click.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

I'm running 653 with forge 10.13.2.1235 and a handful of other tech mods on 1.7.10. No funky stuff like optifine. It's on a server (and all the mods match those on the server).

Strange that it needs four constant connections even on a newly created world with no machines (much less nuclear control devices). Also strange that the packets sent from my server had incorrect checksums, but that might just be a bug.

I'm a bit too paranoid to let something like that run on my network, so I won't bother you any more, but for other people it might be a good idea if one of the developers put a note about it on the main post.

Quick question:

Whenever I have this mod enabled, my server (or client, for that matter) keeps a few connections open to some server in Germany.

The actual IP address is 144.76.102.135 (or static.135.102.76.144.clients.your-server.de). All that seems to bee there is the default nginx start page, and the packets don't look like html.

Is this intentional? I notice you have modstats classes in your jar, but four continuous connections seems a bit much. I'm running 1.6.2e.