Posts by FarFarAway

Actually I am interested in "AAAAAAALL the things" :D. I wish for character development / background information, just as I wish for a cool story, adventures, funscenes, dialogues, Runningsgags, twists, "offtopic"/fun scenes (dialogs with bartenders and so on) and also a little "randomness" . Also genereal information about the world, citys, religion, history aaaaaand so on are imporant and interesting.

Still want to see an RPG-Maker Game featuring this story / world :D

Anyway keep up the good work :D

FarFar

Just found this nicely told story. How about a .rar in the first Post containing the whole story so far or atleast the full chapter ? It's somewhat annoying to share your story by telling friends to download 15 files.

Also on another subject:
    You ever thought of this as a game ? I am a huge fan of Games made with the RPG-Maker. Basically a TopDown 2d Rpg in the Style of early Final Fantasy or the Gameboy Pokemon games. This story just perfectly fits the "requierements" a story for a game of that type has. Also if one does not like the engine, there are some early-in development Java aproaches to such an engine. If you ever think of doing something like that with the story, or allowing to make a game with it, please give me or "the Rpg Maker Community" a call ;)

FarFar

[...] recharges everything instantly at the cost of 150% of the energy it took to fill everything to max. the "teleporter/Instant" recharge would be ideal, but even if i could set up a room of these "Wireless Recharge Blocks" to charge my stuff while i do alittle bit of crafting or fishing, that would be awesome too.

Really like the idee about increased Energy Consumption in exchange for Automation of charging. Whether its instant or a whole floor charging you while running on it. Even better then the charging bench addon :D

FarFar

Actually I dont think so, anything going faster will also need more Energy. For beeing "faster" we can also just built 10 Furnaces and Split the stack to be smelted on the furnaces.
    Now we want to save space, and still want fast smelting -> put overclockers in, speed up, rise the Eu consume/t.

FarFar

EnergyDrink is definitely gonna come with next version, probably even within the next hotfix.
    Richard claimed to have the base code done, didnt yet upload it into the repository though.
    Prepare for a sugar-collapse.

If you think this further on you got your alternative to brewing. Just add a slot in the canning machine for water/lava/whatevercells/buckets. Then proceed to add mix/craft recipes for food.
    Something like 3 cubes of sugar + 6 melon slices + water in canning machine = SpeedPotion Like Melon Juice Can.

Now you can proceed to use any of the new crops for that and crazy effects. I have no clue whats possible in vanilla brewing, and what is possible with additional coding but to my mind THIS is a nice idea :D

Hey!

Got my Ic² server running for quite sometime now on debian. Today I went to add some Addons from the Addon section.

Then I encountered the strange behavior of ModLoader under Linux. It just won't work Ic² before it loads the mods. Tried adding Ic² as first and last mod. ( Linux uses ChangeDate instead of Alphanumerical order ). Didn't work. Then I tried putting the Ic² files into my server.jar and adding the Mods into the Modfolder since internal Mods, as done before Ic² are loaded before Mods in the Mods Folder. Didn't work for me.
    Minecraft.jar tells me:

Code
    Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    minecraft_server_ic.jar

If tried with Ic² in the Mods folder, modLoader crashes and tells me he coulndt load the addon mods, since Ic² classes weren't loaded.

I'd really like to play with all the awesome Mods in the Mod now, anyone can help to fix?

FarFarAway

I'd like to change the recipes for the arrays. Put in BatBox/Mfs/MfsU in. Actually you save 511 blocks of space. In the end, without the arrays you have the same output. You just safe space. But since one had to build huuuuuge factories for huuuuuuge solar arrays one can now just take all your old solar panels, craft them into 1-2 Arrays and move to another side, that can be much smaller or even underground with just 1 cable going up to 1 block.
    Thus make the space saving more expensive (:.

Like it anyways ! :D