Posts by Vesparco

I agree completely!

+1.

I believe that the best option should be to tweak the new content into something more enjoyable. After all, that's what modding is about :D .

Turning potions into some sort of chemistry could be quite interesting.

And I believe that enchantments fit perferctly with some sort of computers (having a terminal as table and using "server CPUs" as bookshelves).

After that point, that's we're modding should start bringing changes to more appropiate content.

My bet should be on chemistry for brewing new items/materials (or mundane stuff such as dyes).

And I think that "enchanting" with computers could aim to a totally different aspect. It could range from programming the terraformer blueprints to small improvements of performance in elements (for example reducing the EU losses on cable types, speeding process of machines or improving the performance of generators).

This would require a lot of coding but is just a participation in the brainstorming of possibilities :P

2. The problem is, color must be stored via ID since we can only store a single data value, f.e. damage, in the metaslot.
    Thus we would need to implement 17 backpacks/buckets for that, which IS kinda a drag.
    I could offer a hook to automatically "refill" a colored painter if you got the according dye in your inventory (and it runs dry), though.

That would be great. I though that maybe could be usefull to implement a recipe to "clean" the painter (such as the painter and a bucket of water) in order to avoid problems if you want to change the color. Or will it be harsh due to the 17 ID painters?

Hi everyone,

New here so first of all I want to congratulate Alblaka and all the development team for this wonderfull mod. Thanks to it I got hooked again to minecraft and even my brother joint me to play in SMP.

Looking up in the wiki I found the forum and I thought of some ideas:

- Clay: As I've seen that most of the blocks can be crafted by mechanical methods such as sand with the macerator or the UU matter recipes. I saw a recipe for clay in the wiki but I couldn't make it work. I've searched a lot around my map but I haven't found and in another world I found just a few for some walls. I assume is a development decision (as I looked about in the forum and couldn't find anything related to bugs). Could it be implemented again? I think construction Foam is a nice feature that should be access with relative easiness. I thought also that maybe it could be crafted using another machine like some sort of a mixer (wich could work with powders and water and be also used for getting bronze, glowstone, depleted isotope cells,...).

- Paint Cell/Backpack: The other day I tried to paint all the floor of my base white and I almost got crazy. I worked with 3 painters and with even that was quite annoying. Would it be feasible to have some kind of backpack or paint bucket/cell from wich the painter could drain its durability?

Thank you for your time and your patience :D ,