Posts by AgentKid

Brilliant. :Industrial Diamond: 4 U! Do you have a donate button?

First, I think this is in the wrong section...

Second, if you want higher tiers of energy, try the Advanced Generators mod. It adds a 4th power tier that runs at ~52,000EU/t. It can only be handled with special plasma cables which are 1 plasma (a melted diamond) each. It also comes with a Tier4 power module called the PESU, which can store up to 1bilEU, along with a Tier4 power crystal called the Plasma Storage Unit or something like that, which is portable and holds 50milEU.

Also, the higher energy tiers would be convenient for someone like me, who has 3 constant mass fabs from a nether lava generating rig and 180milEU stored, but still way to overpowered for most people. It'd also mean I'd actually have to work and not let my automated MFSU maker do the work for me... :S

Bleh, just got back from work and can barely keep my eyes open. Don't think I'll be able to resolve the last bug tonight. (I could theoretically upload the current version, but I don't think you'd be too happy with an autominer that randomly drops its entire inventory) Saturday is my next guess - sorry about all these delays, guys. 'Tis the life of a graduate student.

It's fine, can't wait for SMP support though :D

also whats better for the advanced water mills, still water or running? or dont matter? + can you stack them ontop of each other? or that lessen efficiency?

The more water that is touching them, the better. This means that if you stack them directly on top of each other, you won't have the most power output you can. If you're going to keep a wire connected to it, the max output you can get is 25 per generator. Generators can share water blocks, so space them out by one to get the most efficiency.

I have my void generator sitting on top of the first layer of bedrock and I'm only getting ~1000 EU every 15 seconds or so, which would be about 16000 every 4 minutes. The info says it should be producing 51600 every 4 minutes if I recall correctly? *le confused*
    Edit: This would mean I'm getting about 67 EU/s which means a meager 3.33 EU/t. Barely more than 3 solar panels? Am I missing something or is this a bug?
    Edit again: I have 9 of these now on layer 0 (as close to the void as possible) pumping directly into a PESU and it's taking a loooooooooooooooooong time to fill it up...

Yeah, this version appears to be HORRENDOUSLY buggy. NONE of the new additions work properly in SMP, and only a few parts work properly in SSP.

sorry everyone for late replies, I haven't been checking this very often, I am really busy in life as of right now, and unless there is an urgent game-breaking bug, it will be held off till I this update for 1.0.0

Is crashing when opening Rare Earth Extractor and Advanced Miner in SMP, along with the Plasmaficator corrupting chunks and being unusable in SMP considered game-breaking? If so, read above page 14. I posted error logs and everything up there.

EDIT: Also, Void Generator causes client crash in SMP when player attempts to open GUI:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ModLoaderMp.HandleGUI(ModLoaderMp.java:145)
    at wt.a(NetClientHandler.java:722)
    at ey.a(SourceFile:27)
    at iq.b(SourceFile:272)
    at wt.b(NetClientHandler.java:64)
    at gx.c(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1388)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:666)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

EDIT2: Also, I just noticed (well, just got to the tech level needed) that the Void Generator seems to still generate at 10 second intervals with only ~2000 EU being emitted. Did I misinterpret the 51000 EU every 4 minutes, or is that a bug, too?

EDIT3: PESUs are unable to be opened in SMP.

Rare earth extractor also seems to crash the client when you try to open it in SMP:

Just another thing to note, I took a risk and found that the Plasmaficator works in SMP. You just can't open the GUI and it doesn't read the chunk properly. If you have BuildCraft or some other automation plugin, you can make a basic setup and use it to get plasma, then destroy the plasmaficator when you're done.

Sorry for essentially doubleposting here, i just wanted to give a quick update. The chunk wont regenerate if you pick up the plasmaficator before quitting. So long as you save with it /not/ placed, no regeneration occurs. So, i suppose as an interim fix we can simply pick up them before we save to avoid errors.

Yes, I just checked and this happens with me too. When you log into a SSP world and a Plasmaficator has been placed, it throws this error to the log and the chunk it's in gets regenerated:

java.lang.ClassCastException: yl cannot be cast to ll
    at xb.d(SourceFile:96)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityElectricMachine.a(TileEntityElectricMachine.java:37)
    at TileEntityPlas.a(TileEntityPlas.java:24)
    at ij.c(TileEntity.java:88)
    at lb.a(SourceFile:186)
    at gd.a(SourceFile:42)
    at ic.e(ic.java:84)
    at ic.c(ic.java:52)
    at ic.b(ic.java:76)
    at rv.c(World.java:400)
    at rv.a(World.java:333)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.d(SourceFile:1654)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1563)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1527)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:1447)
    at jv.c(SourceFile:161)
    at jv.a(SourceFile:119)
    at qr.a(SourceFile:72)
    at qr.f(SourceFile:120)
    at qr.i(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1197)

I...can't seem to open the new Plasmitificator on SMP. It works fine in SSP and I can do external things to it (lever on the front turns it on) but I just can't see the GUI. Anyone else having this issue? My client has more than just the Plasmitificator so I'm going to make a clean client and test with that.

EDIT: Also, Advanced Miner seems to crash me when it goes to open the GUI. I'm trying to grab the error now, but it flashes and then MC closes.

EDIT2: Log from running minecraft via command (would have used {code} but it took away spacing):

EDIT3: Okay, just noticed now that most of the people are off of my server, when the chunk gets saved and then reloaded (server reboots, all players in area leave, etc), this error gets thrown out of console and any chunks that have the Plasmaficator in them regenerate:

2011-11-27 23:05:59 [INFO] AgentKid [/74.110.112.170:35354] logged in with entity id 675086 at (673.7074031240153, 63.0, -2036.7098589679695)
    java.lang.ClassCastException: mh cannot be cast to qa
    at kv.d(SourceFile:96)
    at ic2.common.TileEntityElectricMachine.a(TileEntityElectricMachine.java:37)
    at TileEntityPlas.a(TileEntityPlas.java:24)
    at lu.c(TileEntity.java:88)
    at pi.a(SourceFile:186)
    at ix.a(SourceFile:42)
    at ja.e(ChunkProviderServer.java:105)
    at ja.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:56)
    at gm.c(SourceFile:89)
    at fi.b(NetLoginHandler.java:121)
    at fi.a(NetLoginHandler.java:41)
    at dr.a(SourceFile:94)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:369)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
    at ce.run(SourceFile:417)