Posts by RowVector

Pipes do indeed try to move half of their stored liquid every 5 ticks, thus they move more faster and less slower, so if you are trying to get a lot to move then you want to keep it 'full' and try to restrict the flow to one direction.

Thus 14 should be able to be on that pipe fine, *depending*on* how the pipe and its flow is set up. if set up inefficiently then yes, you will want a bigger pipe, but if set up properly you could probably even use a smaller pipe (remember, pipe moves half every 5 ticks, solar boiler creates 150 every 25 ticks and moves half every tick).

The boilers at the far side of my system seems not to be outputting steam. They are over 3/4 full all the time and my machines are running low on steam. I used some bronze fluid pipes to handle 14 boilers. What is the problem with this?

Here is a good way to think about it. For any given pipe, it has neighbor pipes that are either input or output pipes. When you have a long chain of pipes, each pipe has a single input neighbor and a single output neighbor. In this case the pipes usually know what to do and perform at peak efficiency. The trouble comes whenever you have 2 or more input neighbors, or 2 or more output neighbors. In these cases you do the following:
    For 2 or more input neighbors: Place an input shutter on each input side of the pipe.
    For 2 or more output neighbors: Place an output shutter on each output side of the pipe.
    In the cases where you have 2+ input and 1 output, or 1 input and 2+ output, you don't need to put a shutter on the single input/output side.
    When you have both 2+ input and 2+ output, then you will have shutters on every connected face.

Just follow these simple rules and you'll have a slosh free pipe system.

Do I have to put shutters on the sides where boilers are attached? I have a set up like this:
    :Glass Fibre: = pipe

:Generator: = boiler

:Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator:

:Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:

:Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator: :Generator:

What he means is that you shouldn't be putting any lava in the blast furnace. It creates the lava on its own when it has a valid recipe that it is working on.

What he means is that you shouldn't be putting any lava in the blast furnace. It creates the lava on its own when it has a valid recipe that it is working on.

I just want to test if the multi-block is properly formed or not.

Did you build it correctly? You might want to take a look at the recipes too.

wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Bronze_Plated_Blast_Furnace

I built it like this:
    B = Bronze plated brick
    F = Bronze plated blast furnace
    A = Air

Layer 1:
    BBB
    BBB
    BBB
    Layer 2:
    BFB
    BAB
    BBB
    Layer 3 & 4:
    BBB
    BAB
    BBB

BTW when I manually put lava blocks in, the lava blocks disappear after a few seconds.

lazyness

there is no way around, i believe greg wants to remove all ic2 components/machines/process to use his own method of crafting/process, this may be seen as snobish things, but realy, from a long time ic2 is not improving much, so a "new" system that resemble but behave diferent is a good thing, also it is supose to be more "balanced" , so expect gregtech =\= IC2 vanilla .

So there is no way to craft Water Mill/Wind Mill/Geothermal generator/Thermal generator/Solar Panel? What are the ways to get energy?