Posts by PiNkPoRsChE

Thanks for all the info. Makes prefect sense along with default RGB color numbers being assigned, i thought is was something along those lines. I'll deal with it for now, just was trying to get textures to match up as close as possible. They maybe better off a little different anyways for raw materials to manufactured ones.

Now just to figure out how to best make the ore overlays for the raw block. Since the overlay doesn't really detect the fade out of color and just finds the hard edge to paste the default color in. Back to brainstorming and work on the pack. Ill make sure I post some more images as soon as I have fixes made and my show world assembled.

Almost everything that was grey in the original assets, like pipes, cables, ingots, etc. are in fact colored by the mod, which means you can't adjust the color yourself except by modifying the mod itself.

So being thats it's mod side and not texture side. Where would I find the correct file(s) to modify those blocks/items? I am not really a programmer but I have DJ Java Decompiler and Notepad ++ to use for editing I believe they're enough to do what I need. Also, once I start editing those files would it be easier to maybe set them to a default texture that was editable as a .PNG file or just set as a default single color in the mods programming? Hope that makes sense...

Seems like setting it to a default .PNG would be the best benefit if I was to be editing them in the long run as well as customizing the individual textures per type of item.

Thanks for the help so far.

Here are a few images of what I am trying to fix. In the Ore Blocks you can set the overlay for lighting/shading but how do you set the color/hue. And in the Bronze Block you can also change the grayscale for lighting like on a grass block but no default image for color/hue again. The Bronze Hulls on the other hand are just the new replacements for the texture pack.

Let me know what you think of them, oh and this is a x512 pack. Thanks for your criticism.

My bad the pack is a x256. :cursing:

So I have currently started work on my first texture pack. Supporting Vanilla, IC2, and GregTech for 1.7.x . So far I have not had any trouble updating all the textures and animations with block and machines. But with the new system update gregtech has done I can't locate the default image files for color/texture on things like Pipe, Cables, Ores(Blocks, dust, ingots, ect), Bolts, Plates, well you get the idea by now.

Example: So, for now i can change the Overlay file so the textured effect is there but still have no control of the color for the material I am working on.

I am sure it's something simple I have missed but maybe not, so any help would be great. I'll be sure to post progress in a new forum as soon as I polish the texture pack up some more.

Also, if anyone else would like to collaborate ideas or join together on these mods and possibly more to come please private message me and I will get back.

Thanks for your time and help.