Posts by Lime

When using latest version of GT (5.10.05) from CurseForge for MC 1.10.2 with Forge 12.18.1.2092 in combination with SpongeForge 1.10.2-2092-5.0.0-BETA-1758, I'm getting following error from Sponge:

Full error log is here.

This happens only with GT. Only 3 mods installed: Sponge, GT, and IC2-2.6.69-ex110. No error with IC2, only GT.

PS. Feel free to add any other reactors not included in list - I usually don't have much time to search and update the table. So if you see any reactor not listed there - add it, please. Anyone can edit the table.
    Thanks! Other people will be grateful too, I guess. ;)

I guess it is an indication for how efficient a setup with mass fabricator for uranium production would be.

Well… It's called "magic" because I didn't wanted to spoil the fun too much, but… click the spoiler on your own risk. OP fun killer inside. :/

What's to keep AE from replacing rods with the wrong ones? Logistics Pipes or an AE Subnetwork could be used to keep the reactor stocked with the proper number of each type of rod, in which case, your setup certainly could work; but export buses alone aren't smart enough to do what you want them to do. There's nothing to keep them from replacing smaller burned-out cells with larger ones, which could easily be catastrophic.

Looks like you didn't get the idea of timing.
    First of all, it's tested and it works.
    Second, AE set up to import depleted cells of both types and export fresh ones of both types.
    Look:

:Advanced Machine::Water Mill::Wind Mill: - heat vents
    :Uranium Cell: - double fuel rod, :Coal Cell: - empty double fuel rod
    :Lava Cell: - quad, :Empty Cell: - empty quad

Initial load (simplified):
    :Wind Mill::Water Mill::Wind Mill::Water Mill:
    :Water Mill::Uranium Cell::Lava Cell::Wind Mill:
    :Wind Mill::Lava Cell::Uranium Cell::Water Mill:
    :Water Mill::Wind Mill::Water Mill::Wind Mill:

After 10-15 minutes replace slightly damaged dual cells :Uranium Cell: with fresh ones.

State after 2 hours 44 minutes (1 full cycle):

:Water Mill::Uranium Cell::Empty Cell::Wind Mill:
    :Wind Mill::Empty Cell::Uranium Cell::Water Mill:
    :Water Mill::Wind Mill::Water Mill::Wind Mill:

AE imports depleted quads (note the untouched doubles, because they're still have 15 minutes to burn):

:Water Mill::Uranium Cell::?::Wind Mill:
    :Wind Mill::?: :Uranium Cell: :Water Mill:
    :Water Mill: :Wind Mill: :Water Mill: :Wind Mill:

AE exports new quads into two empty slots:

:Wind Mill: :Water Mill: :Wind Mill: :Water Mill:
    :Water Mill: :Uranium Cell: :Lava Cell: :Wind Mill:
    :Wind Mill: :Lava Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Water Mill:
    :Water Mill: :Wind Mill: :Water Mill: :Wind Mill:

10-15 minutes later same repeats for doubles.

Again, it's tested and it works.

Even if you are using LP or a subnet, if your system runs out of one type of cells, but still has access to the other, it may put them in the wrong places, which could also cause problems.

First of all, if your reactor has efficiency > 3.33 - then this is not a problem, as it produces more EU than it is required to generate uranium ore out of the matter.
    Second, that's your job to automate production of fuel cells. To prevent filling reactor with 4 quads, use toggle bus and level emitters: If level of certain cells drops below limit, just turn off the cable that goes to reactor. And maybe light up a red lamp in control room.

For example, my closed/dedicated reactor supply line system consists of:
    Mass fabcricator (constantly fed with scrap). 2 replicators - one for iron ore, one for uranium ore. 6 auto-workbench for crafting fuel, mox fuel, plutonium, dual uranium, quad uranium, dual mox. Macerator > Washer > Thermal Centrifuge. Metal former for iron plates > for cells crafting and fuel rods. Metal former for fuel rods. Canning machine. 2 uranium reactors, 4 mox reactors. Always keeps in stock 40 mox cells, 120 uranium cells of both types. Runs replicators when out of stock of anything.
    Works like a swiss clock.

You can easily automate reactors with different rod size if you use AE. Just load up the reactor, start it up, wait for 5-10 minutes, and then change 2-cell rods for a fresh ones. That way 4-cell rods will expire faster, get replaced by AE import/export buses, and then, 5 minutes later, 2-cell rods will expire and get replaced too.

Guys, maybe I'm re-inventing a bicycle here, but…

I was looking for information on different reactor comparison, to easily choose "best one", but couldn't find any, so I made one myself.
    And then though why not share it - if it was useful for me, it might be useful for someone else.

Reactor design & cost comparison

Note: not all resources are listed in reactor/component prices, only significant ones.