Posts by thetaphi

I also had a crash when attempting to recharge the digital thermometer after upgrading to IC2 1.337. The game goes to "saving chunks" and then crashes.

Confirmed. I upgraded, put a digital thermometer in an MFE, "blowingsaving chunks". I need the thermometer for my >9k breeder. So I downgraded to IC² 1.23, worked again.

Given the REEEEALLY slow progress of the CPU i should definitely consider some block for this regard.
    Any suggestions?

Hmmm... OK, first I would probably implement this as a machine. It is a sensor after all.
    Second, I don't know the first thing about your code base of course, but I reckon a machine that needs to be in the circuit transformer-style would be the simplest way to implement it.
    Third, would a machine that attaches to a cable T-Stück style be feasible? I have no clue how to solve the obvious issues with multiple adjacent cable runs and the like.

While you're at it, could we get thermometers? *cackles and flees*

I think I finally got what you all mean when you say "pulse wastage". Do you mean that receivers (ie, a machine or :Batbox: ) signal demand at the first tick they are not maxed out, even if it's only one EU? And senders (redstoned transformers or :MFE-Transmitter: / :MFS-Unit: ) respond by a pulse (or multiple pulses on the same tick) at their fixed output voltage that cannot be possibly received in full?

Hi Roscoe,

Nargon has put a schematic of such an reactor tank at the bottom of his post, in the "Perfect Breeder" spoiler. In the end, all you do is fill up the part of a 3x3x3 area that is not occupied by the reactor with running water. The chambers touch the tank walls and bottom. That way you can put a redstone or cable line at any side and the bottom. The tank top is plumbing.

The HV cable will suffice to plug the hole at the bottom. In fact, any cable will do that. As soon as the block is occupied by anything that water does not wash away (like redstone, torches, wheat...) it will not leak.

Post screenshots :)

TL;DR: MFSU input at 61, output measured between 22 and 32, MFSU does not charge. What gives?

Hello World,

I'd like to pipe in with the "where the fsck does my energy go?" crew.

I run a SSP world with IC² 1.23, BC 2.2.4 and Power Converters 1.2.3. My MFSU seems to lose energy, as in "does not charge up despite the input being way higher than the output".

The Numbers [tm]:

Test Case 1: MFSU connected to Energy Link powering Refinery via 52 units of HV cable 4xIns

• Loss per packet: cable length times EU/b: 52 * 0.8 = 41.6
    • Connection efficiency: received energy divided by sent energy: (512 - 41.6) / 512 = 0.9187
    • Break even point: Input reading times Connection efficiency: 61 * 0.9187 = 56.0407

So with a constant input reading of 61 EU/t, I expect the MFSU to stay at its charge level at an output reading of ~56 EU/t. At any lower output reading, I expect it to be charging.

I observe an output reading of 25 EU/t flat and an MFSU GUI with figures dancing below 900-ish EU.

Test Case 2: MFSU connected to Energy Link powering Quarry via 100 units of HV cable 4xIns

• Loss per packet: 100 * 0.8 = 80
    • Connection efficiency: (512 - 80) / 512 = 0.8437
    • Break even point: 61 * 51.4657

Output reading 22 EU/t. Still, MFSU not charging.

So, I thought maybe it's the Energy Link or whatever, and I constructed a load containing only IC² blocks.

Case 3: MFSU connected to redstoned MV transformer -> MFE -> rs LV trans -> Batpack -> Mass Fabricator chain, via 67 units of HV cable 4xIns

• Loss per packet: 67 * 0.8 = 53.6
    • Connection efficiency: (512 - 53.6) / 512 = 0.8953
    • Break even point: 61 * 54.6133

The ever-hungry, but batpack limited Mass Fabricator puts a 32 EU/t load on the end of the chain. Output reading is about 44 EU/t. You guessed it, MFSU not charging up.

Sad, sad panda. ;(

Recreating Case 1 with an MV transformer between Energy Link and cable made no difference.

The 61 EU/t come from my solar panels. If I connect my reactor line feeding in another 111 EU/t, the MFSU finally shows that it is capable of holding a charge after all.
    I got the "energy loss per block" (EU/b) number of 0.8 from the wiki.

I suspect a bug in the energy packet handling. But as I am an IC² noob (this is my first world), could please someone check my work? Can someone reproduce, or even explain this?

cheers,
    ThetaPhi