Posts by Flow86

i will have to look at it.. but i have a feeling that a pipe mod should not be needed!
    It should make it more manageable but not increase energy out..

one problem is i can't put together how it woudl fit in IC2 without the pipes .. and i am doing a creative world.. not real yet because i wanted to iron out the designs before building in the real world ( since a explosion in world would annoy the heck outta me)

yes a pipe mod should not be needed, but currently it is.

So I tried rearranging my reactor to have a single pair of turbines powered by 3 steam generators using fluid distributors to transport the coolant between the reactor and the steam generators, and the super heated steam from the 3 steam generators into the turbine pair. It was difficult to set up and resulted in the middle steam generator being completely surrounded by other blocks and so inaccessible. It sort of worked for a bit, but the problem is that as soon as your heat fluctuates a bit or you try to shutdown and restart it, one of the steam generators spits out regular steam or water, and that clogs up the fluid distributors, causing the whole thing to back up and the steam generators to overheat. My conclusion is that due to the current goofy mechanics of the steam generator this is simply impractical to do. The steam generators really need reworked to only output steam or super heated steam depending on the pressure setting, and if they don't have enough heat to do that, then don't output anything.

For the time being I have decided to just stick with the regular eu reactor in my survival world. The output is only 100 eu/t but at least it is stable and can stay on 24/7.

yes thats the problem I have too, the steam generator should only output what it should produce, otherwise the "pressure" to ouput anything should not be reached.

so with the design
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…88ujakr199k7lxppmsrqj9fy8

I am seeing 800-900 ( varies randomly) HU/t .. and makes about 430 EU/t ( 9 stierling generators)

I am hoping someone here has knowlage how to use this stable reactor to make more then 430 eu/t and is willing to SHOW how its hooked up ( using default IC2 no extra mods) to produce steam and make use of the full energy! ( i am dumb when trying to figure things out and don't understand how to get it setup right)

Hi, well without any "pipe" mod you will have a bad time to create a coolant reactor, so I at least recommend you buildcraft or extra utilties (which I both use)

Anyway: your reactor layout is not very effective (only 2.71). You could use mine ( http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xmz0i1907c8tn8myu07dw67ls ), which give you a stable 1120HU with an overall efficiency of 3,79.

The reactor can be run 24/7 if you have enough uranium and enough storage for the generated power.

The hot coolant output of the reactor can be hooked up with steam generators:

You can hook up 3+2 steam generators with 2 heat exchangers each to generate super heated steam (1mb water -> 221bar pressure), and one with 1 heat exchanger for normal steam ( 1mb water -> 1 bar pressure).

You should still have some sort of tank in between to store the hot coolant and prevent the reactor to overheat (since the layout gives you approx 1120 HU, and with that layout you only use 1100HU, so you have 20 hu "too much" which fill up a tank slowly)

the superheated steam of the 3+2 steam generators can be moved via any pipe or the fluid regulator into 2 kinetic steam generators each which are hooked up to two kinetic generators each. at the end you add one condensor ("overclocked via some heat vents, you can try how many you need ...). all 3 will output distilled water which has to be piped back into the steam generators (mostly you should use some sort of pipe for that, fluid regulators need to much energy)

the one steam generator with the normal steam is only hooked up to one kinetic steam generator and one condensor.

I experimented to put the output of all 5 steam generators into 2 generators, but this seems to much for one condensor, and the higher turbine speed seems not to affect the overall output, but I had more problems moving the steam to the turbines. with the 3+2 layout its much better.

Overall that should produce 800-900Eu/t (instead of 260Eu in "electric" nuclear power plant mode)

Even those kinetic steam stuff is still a bit buggy and not very reliable (I had some steam explosions destroying my steam generators until I found a better layout)

In the attached "generator room" picture I only use 1000HU, since so the reactor can be shut down if my hot coolant tank is full and it the generators produce energy for some more hours.

Explanation for the picture:

On the right: 3+3 steam generators hooked to 2 heat exchangers each. the lowest steam generator in the top right corner is not connected (otherwise I would need 1200HU) All heat exchangers are equiped with fluid ejectors so they put the "cool" coolant into the tanks . the hot coolant comes from "above" (railcraft tank on the right)

to the steam generators attached is a distilled water tank (the 3 tanks in the middle of the picture). the one in the middle of them is hooked up to a larger distilled water generator in the lower floor, to refill if some water gets missing (if the level of the outer tanks falls below 50% it will refill them to avoid that steam will be put into those 2 tanks)

the same output which goes to the distilled water tank of the steam generators goes to the 2 one fluid regulator, those 4 blocks on the left are hooked like that:

[Condensor] [ Fluid Regulator VV]
    [Kinetic S. Generator] [ Kinetic S. Generator]

in front are 3 tanks (one spanning the condensor and the left generator, one for the right generator) to take the distilled water. (Fluid ejector upgrades) These tanks put its contents back to the tank in the middle.

The 2 brown blocks are bat boxes, to power the condensor and the fluid regulator even if the generators dont generate power. (okay if the power the bat box is empty, the whole generator will shut down and cannot be brought back online until you put a battery in)

Hey guys,

want to show you my current reactor layout, producing approx 1100HU from 3 Quad Uranium Cells

I'm using Buildcraft, Railcraft, IC2 and Extra Utilities. To control and automatically refill the reactor, I'm using Computercraft, OpenCCSensors and my own written Inventory Turtle-Module (I think there should be a replacement for that somewhere "officially")

I hope it works with the images attached

I have 2 Railcraft Steeltanks (4Mio) for coolant / hot coolant. To get the hot coolant out of the reactor fast enough, I've using 2 golden pipes with fluid ejector. The refill happens via transfer pipe of extra utilities.

If the coolant tank is empty or the hot coolant tank full, the reactor automatically shuts down (the structure pipe with the red wire).

There's also a main switch and reactor control room above the reactor, and I can control the reactor via the touch screen.

There's also a large MFSU storage area, which provide information to the main control room computer via sensor turtles.

see http://ma.ra-doersch.de/minecraft-1.7.10-1100HU-reactor6.png
    and http://ma.ra-doersch.de/minecraft-1.7.10-1100HU-reactor7.png for the other 2 images (mfsu room and complete NPP)

Reactor Layout: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xmz0i1907c8tn8myu07dw67ls