Posts by Sept

Instead of having torches go from bright to completely dark I think that maybe they could slowly fade, and I mean very slowly, maybe something like 30 minecraft days from placement to blackness. They should be able to return to a state of full brightness by the simple right click of a flint and steel.
    Add a cheaper other luminator type block the gives off light at level 14 or 15 as a nice replacement to torches for our most visited mining areas.
    Also maybe add coloured luminators so we don't have to resort to using the free energy of redpower's lamps.
    In addition it would be nice to have some more modern looking levers and buttons to choose from apart from the stone ones we have now.
    Also add items/blocks that allow us to directly vary the current so dimmer switched and the likes are possible.
    Many of the other suggestions here are great including the get rid of internal storage suggestion and other ways around it.
    Just my thoughts- Sept

With some tweaking I could really see a nice implementation of this idea.
    I think that higher level enchantments with the lab shouldn't rely on bookcases or whatever other ic2 block to be around to get better gear but instead the amount of eu/t

Why is there so much hatred of the wiki? The way I see it IC2 brings people together as this fantastic community and the wiki is a place for fun as much as it is information. If someone really wants definitive answers they can install the latest version of Industrial-Craft and experiment, in this sense the wiki is almost like a cheat guide.

As we know enchantments and potions don't fit very well into the minecraft that ic2 is trying to create. Instead of using an enchantment table why not use an industrial upgrader (patent pending)? All current enchantments could be handled by this new machine and the upgrades would be selectable as a opposed the random system currently in place with the enchantment table. This process would cost a varying amount of energy depending on the upgrades and their levels. I would suggest keeping the original enchantment table in place though as some people will still want to use it or maybe just keep it for aesthetic purposes.

As we all know the fauna in Minecraft is disappointing. What is there? Two flowers, two mushrooms, wheat, grass, watermelons, (they don't even naturally generate) pumpkins and three types of trees and their respective leaves. There are apples but not apple trees! Pumpkins are inedible and practically worthless to mass farm. Why is it that i can't have an orchard with many fruit trees and a farm with bushes of colourful berries (to hide my secret nuclear operations below)? Now of course so far none of these things sound very appealing to the typical Industrial Craft user but here's where it gets interesting. There could be a whole new farming sector which would consist of cross-breading and automatic harvesters, crop spraying and machines to accomplish such tasks. Perhaps some plants would be better for biofuel than others, maybe with enough tinkering or a few jolts of electricity it would be possible to grow super trees or giant fruits (similar to giant mushrooms).
    These new items could generate with the terrain or to be less intrusive, created with UU-matter. (allowing us to recover the "lost vegetation of Minecraft".