Posts by hughesdylan

Heh. thats awesome. I missunderstood then. I thought it was an absolute temperature when those effects come in to play. A relative scale makes that /much/ cooler (no pun intended) becuase then i can just pile on plating to avoid the effects of the stone (or my skin) melting. Thanks! I'd still be interested to hear when the thresholds happen though. Like, when does the reactor start smoking? 10%? 20? does that have any effects associated with it?

Ok, so has anyone narrowed down the thresholds for things like how hot the reactor has to be to damage things? For instance:

At what temp does:
    Stone melt?
    Ignite flammable components?
    start hurting the player?

What blocks does heat damage?
    Wires? E-storage blocks? Only stone?

and finally:
    The reactor has no chance to explode when it is below its max temp right?

Thanks!

Ok, I had to register to chime in here. Im having the same error in SSP. I dont get that error message, but whenever i save with a plasmaficator placed, and then reload, the chunk regenerates. The last time that happend i lost 5 advanced machines and a nuke reactor :(. Blargle. Ive tested it with all the other machines i can find, but its only the plasmaficator. I have no other major errors. Everything else so far works great.

Sorry for essentially doubleposting here, i just wanted to give a quick update. The chunk wont regenerate if you pick up the plasmaficator before quitting. So long as you save with it /not/ placed, no regeneration occurs. So, i suppose as an interim fix we can simply pick up them before we save to avoid errors.

Ok, I had to register to chime in here. Im having the same error in SSP. I dont get that error message, but whenever i save with a plasmaficator placed, and then reload, the chunk regenerates. The last time that happend i lost 5 advanced machines and a nuke reactor :(. Blargle. Ive tested it with all the other machines i can find, but its only the plasmaficator. I have no other major errors. Everything else so far works great.