Posts by Alzurana

I don't see your refillable item lockup case; refillable items only get more full; it might branch out a bit finding the cheapest cost, but at worst it's just a large number of paths that all have endpoints. Caching the cost at each recipe would also help a lot in these cases (and calculating the set before hand implicitly does that).

The idea is that iterating over a potentially vast number of recipes (such as the ones RP2 adds for block manipulations) may be excessively time consuming.

Scanning all the recipes only has to take action on minecrafts startup or if you enter a world/start a server.
    Also there are not that much recipes in minecraft, even not with RedPower 2 + (BTW + BC2 + other mods), so the runtime for that script should be rather short. (below one second)
    It's less a performance issue than a balance and programming issue, because:

there are other problems.
    how do you prevent endless loops in this script.
    something like 9 copper -> copper block -> 9 copper -> copper block
    if you do that often enough your MC crashes/freezes -> Stack overflow
    A common problem in recursive algorithms.
    also, there are variable EU costs in smelting, for example. (induction furnace)
    so which one to use?
    the lowest?
    but an I-Furnace needs EU's to heat up and you can't calculate them by just following recipe trees.
    The only way to solve this would be to add a multiplier, which adds about 10% to the final cost.
    This would also balance the machine, since it's very overpowered to just bypass all construction effort you actually put in said items.
    Using a reference item, btw, should be better. Every machine needs at least a "blueprint". A dropdown list sounds kinda OP, too.
    That would balance it even more.

That's it with my brainjuice...

Might interrupt here and suggest an API extension which would allow addon writers to add their own reactor items.
    In that way, big Al could give the power to the community to create even more complex and even more expansive reactors through addos.
    I would really like that idea.
    And I would like more complicated reactors. Maybe even write an addon by myself, since I really, REALLY want more! ^^

It also seems like addon writers are waiting for this, actually.

This seems to be pretty simple:
    I was testing how much miners a LV Transformer could supply when this happened.
    One of said miners started to mine the pipe head (or "drill") of the one next to it.

Reproduce the bug:
    The miners are placed next to each other.
    It's not a setup that you would usually choose, since it's not such a good idea to place them that close together. Even if it's bogus, such a setup would still occur if you, for example, count wrong and place multiple miners to close to each other.
    In my setup I placed them with a one block distance next to each other.
    You might need some more miners, since the chance, that one miner mines the others pipe head is very small.
    Also all miners have to be at the same level.
    There are 2 screenshots in the attachment. One shows the pipe heads in the chest, the other the miner setup.
    Again it's very unlikely to happen. It also does "not really" affect the gameplay, which is why it's only a class c bug.
    But still, I guess the pipe head is not supposed to be inside of any inventory ever. :)
    Also one pipe would be lost, because it's impossible to place that block, either.

I believe it's kinda hard to fix that bug, I mean, what would you do?
    It could be possible to cause the miner to stop, just like it does when finding water or lava.
    As soon as the other miner mines further, the stopped one would continue either. ^^

I hope I could help, HAYO!

*EDIT:
    Other mods, of course, are:
    BC 2.2.5, RedPower2 pr3, BC<->IC Power Converters, IC Addon: Thermometer
    (Only tested in SSP, since a SMP test would use modified code on my side (bukkit port))