Posts by Plystire

I had a random thought last week to set up a recycler in my base, since I didn't have one... I slapped it down next to my recharging waystation, wired the solar power from the waystation into it, put a nice box around it, colored it green and white to suit, put a sign on it... and there we go... suddenly I had the best timewaster I had ever invented!

While waiting for random items to recharge in my waystation, I'll take a bit of time out to sift through my messy inventory, placing things into the recycler, and as an added bonus, when enough scrap had been generated, a light would come on and I get to press a button for a surprise gift!!! WOOOO!!!!! All it took was one diamond to pop out before I hooked up a teleport pipe into the top of this waystation, hooked the other end of that teleport pipe to my quarry off in the midst of nowhere, then sat patiently by the recycler until the light came on, so that I could press the button. ^^

Isn't recycling fun? :D

You DO realize that Google does not provide the same search results to everyone, don't you? :huh:

Anyway... NOT using Google... I found it. (Also, MCF did not give me any good results for "optifine" either... sent to a ton of threads TALKING about optifine, but not the originating thread)

last search I ran for it didn't turn anything up. :(

Need I really say more? Best thing I got were some ********** forwarding me to some download sites that linked to me to other sites that linked me to adfly links, which I was NOT ABOUT TO CLICK ON after being strung around the internet.

Where is a direct link to this thing, please? I am sick of goin in circles.

It was on a old world but i backupped it in mcedit but its not updated to 1.0 so i cant show you atm. But its BIG i can tell you that.

Well, I didn't want some ginormous building near my base doing nothing but growing cactus, lol. The building I'm crafting is only 19x19... corners of this section aren't even used. It's a fairly asthetic building design, which houses quite a bit of cactii, and due to its modularity it seemed like a great choice, lol.

Where can I get optifine? xD

I use to have 4GB, but one of my 2GB sticks melted.... don't ask. :S

As for the cactus... I have calculated 512 cactus to be in the farm. It's a step up from my old build and can easily be built underground as well. If I did that... max one cactus building will manage is 960 cactus (bedrock to skylimit)

Mind posting a pic of your cactus farm for me? :)

[EDIT]

Off=topic, but where can I get Optifine? I've heard about it, but last search I ran for it didn't turn anything up. :(

I'm going to be honest.. I don't have a lot of fiber cable... so if I ever DID have the need to run cable for a few miles, I'd do it with copper and a ton of LV transformers, since I have a HUGE copper surplus, and rubber/wood is never in short supply. :rolleyes:

I have a very fast CPU (which is also a quadcore)... most lag generated from MC is mostly related to RAM shuffling than anything else. I have a mere 2GB of RAM... more often than not MC will consume 1.5, forcing everything else into half a gig. So, once tons of items show up, it's not so much processing them that causes lag as much as it is finding room for them in RAM. :S

Anyway, back to the OT. I am currently working on a new cactus farm. This one is far more modular than my old design... in fact, SO modular that a BC builder can construct each new layer! That means all I have to do is put the builder down, place materials in, hook it up to power, fill 4 buckets, and by the time I make my way back up the tower with the water buckets, the builder's done and I can put the water in myself.

Each new layer takes (by choice, other than the sand a cactus, I could use any material):
    156 glass - 2 stacks + 28
    72 sand - 1 stack + 8
    32 cactus
    92 cobblestone - 1 stack + 28

Placing those materials into the builder, in that order, will allow it to build each layer without problem, fully functional, save for the water streams, which I add by hand. The entire process of making a new layer takes only a morning of MC time.

Once the new farm is fully built (from sea level up to sky limit), we'll see if it can keep up with factory production. :thumbup:

Note: I did not design this cactus farm, I only made this design work easily with a BC builder.

You should have seen the lag I got from leaving a filler unattended as it dismantled my cactus farm building. As soon as I realized lag was picking up... it was too late... before Ic ould even turn around, the game was already down to 5 seconds per frame. 8|

Well, it finally happened, I suppose. I hear it a lot that shift-clicking is bad juju with this Mod, but I never had a problem until now.

I shift-click almost everything... but the one thing I never shift-clicked (and just realized I hadn't been, then tried it out...) was with an MFE. I use this to charge up my batpacks, jetpacks, pants, etc... well, I shift-clicked my batpack and -- where did it go? It disappeared from the face of my world!!! 8|

Note to everyone else... don't try to put your batpack into an MFE with shift-click. :(

Glass Fibre is best... period.

Not sure if that was even under consideration here... but, no matter HOW FAR you want to transport energy, it will always be more efficient to use fiber cable with HV, than to use HV cable with EV. You would lose the entire EV packet (2048 EUs) over an HV cable before fiber cable would lose even 12.5% of it's load.

When is it best to use EV? I have no idea... maybe if you want to overload your mass fab it'd be the best attempt at it. Other than that, no clue.

Am I the only one that finds it absurd that we are tallking about using UU-Matter to fabricate fuel for generators? How about you just... use that energy to run things instead? :rolleyes:

I ahev done exactly that... I did have a contingency plan in store for the inevitable.

Naturally, my 5 cactii per minute cactus farm wasn't up to the task of powering 2 induction furnaces (let alone the REST of my factory that had been installed on the same powerline)... in an attempt to delay the inevitable, I went through my collection of fully charged energy crystals (my waystation charger is set to charge spare crystals when not in use... that sunlight sure does add up!)... that lasted all of 5 minutes with the load I had in the factory. So... I tore down the cactus farm, hooked up the MFE to my nuclear reactor (blew up my MFE... replaced my MFE) and the factory is now powered from that while I construct a larger cactus farm.

In case you were wondering, yes, my reactor WAS powering a mass fab. :P

[EDIT]
    We should be able to burn plantballs and compressed plantballs.... or at the VERY LEAST, be able to use fuel cells directly. I realize this depricates the fuel cans, but seriously... they're already IN a can. :rolleyes:

It had been "empty" for well over an hour... it still is empty... and it's still displaying said functionality. I suppose, on the bright side, it's not auto-refilling, right? ^^

[EDIT]

My pants have finally decharged (been a minecraft day) and I had been watching them for some time now while fighting monsters and taking damage... I have not lost the 2.5 armor points that they give me. I suppose, on the bright side, it's not auto-refilling, right? ^^

i use rp rubberwood turn them into fences it's awesome 64rubberwood=512 sticks=170,6666666666666666 something must have gone wrong in my calculations.
    whatsoever since rp2 rubberwood is useless for anything else it is perfect for me.

You know you can furnace the wood and make it into charcoal, right? That's what I use those trees for. That and tree houses. :D

Okay, I don't know if this was intentional or not, so I'm putting it here instead of the Bugs board.

Basically, I am wearing a quantum helmet.. that has absolutely no charge left in it... yet my food meter remains "full" (as full as the suit will fill it), and I can still breathe underwater. Oh yeah, and it's still providing me with 1 point of armor.

So... is it supposed to do all of that without any charge left? ?(