Posts by Amoo316

Amoo316 you are most likely running into issues with the server running faster than the client can cope with, is the client memory pressured? Try with the vanilla texture pack.

PsionicArchon what you are observing is not caused by FastCraft, it's not doing more work than Minecraft would in this situation. Without FC it'd just take a lot longer.

I don't believe this is the case. I have 4gb of ram dedicated to MC, have a solid gaming CPU little over a year old. I typically run x128 but recently switched to x64 simply because I got tired of waiting 5 minutes to load the game up while it input such large texture files. I should have specified even further that the lag we were trying to combat was chunk loading lag that all three of our players experience.

Issue trying to solve with this mod

Looking to minimize lag both client side and server side with this mod.

Conditions for test

I'm a server admin and tried installing this mod on our server. It was 4 am and I was the only person on. Running DW20 1.0.2. No other mods installed, no mods removed from default pack. Yes even armoabackup is still there (was for this test). Server is 3GB, has 3 players and we're still very early game. (No ME systems, chunk loaders...etc.)

I personally use Sphax 64x texture packs for almost all of the mods in DW20.

Results

- Adding this mod to the server ONLY caused my client to freeze every 5-10 seconds or so. This was moving or standing still. Game was literally unplayable. It did not produce a crash, but it was not playable.

- Removing this mod from the server and adding it client side only seemed to work fantastically. I haven't tested it out in the nether yet, but as far as the overworld goes, things are much smoother.

- Removed Aromabackup from the modpack and tested again, same results with less CPU utilization on my server.

Request

As a server admin running a decent sized, but popular modpack I was hoping this mod would help as a server side optimization. This did not appear to be the case. It works great as a client side mod (so far), but I actually got worse performance installing it server side. This mod claims to be usable both client and server side, so I'm curious if others are seeing benefits running it server side?

On a side note, I don't want to sound completely negative. This optimization seems to be fantastic so far and I would like to thank the creator for taking the time to put this together. I created an account here specifically to post my test results in hopes to help out in the future optimizations of this mod.