Posts by Ecu

Begin rant...
    So, it seems that your solution for another mod having similar features to your own is to make users choose theirs or yours. This only seems to hurt the users in the end. If I was in Eloraam's shoes and you made it so your mod specifically broke compatibility with my mod, I would see that as a pretty good reason to add powered tools and a few other machines to my mod. I mean, if my mod isn't going to work with yours, I might as well give users the missing features so that they can continue to enjoy the same experience.

Of course, this is an extreme example...the point I'm trying to make is that this drama over who is copying who is getting rather silly. Ideas are just that, ideas. IC has its own path, playstyle, etc. RedPower likewise has its own path, playstyle, etc. Both are mods that include a form of electricity and associated machines. The types of machines available are going to be similar (at least initially) purely because many of the ideas come straight from real-world technology. However, the way they are implemented and play out is different already and that gap will likely only increase as RP advances.

Alblaka, you have some rather awesome features in your mod and I currently play on a server that uses it and RedPower. However, if I was forced to choose between it and Redpower, there would be no contest...I'd choose RedPower. Many of the features that I've seen planned for RedPower really interest me and IC has nothing similar.

As for the comment about Eloraam trying to be the only tech mod, is there some reason she shouldn't try follow a natural progression for her tech tree? I mean, do you honestly expect her to make her tech tree revolve around IC features (or BC features) to function? What about visual feel? Should she include hooks in her mod to retexture and remodel various parts of IC/BC? If I wanted to sit down and make my own take on a tech mod, I'd probably do the exact same thing she is. Figure out what I want my mod to do and then add the features to make it do that, in my own style, and let users decide if they like my rendition or the others better.

All in all, this 'stop copying me' nonsense seems like grade school children fighting and should really just stop. People ARE going to make similar mods. The easier modding becomes, the MORE it is going to happen. Be flattered that you're the inspiration for another modder, or consider it a challenge to make your mod better, but don't go around acting like you should be the only one with this feature or that feature.

End rant..

If read this far, thanks. At least ya took the time to hear what I had to say. Ciao.