Posts by C42Ralf

Thanks for the hints.

Using RTG pallets is a nice idea (already started), on the other hand they only produce 16 EU/t.
    To tweak the power output of nuclear plants doesn't really helps since I still have to exchange the uranium cells every day.

The wind park is still the best option, additionally I am going to check for extra modules (any suggestions?).

Thanks
    Ralf

Hi!

I am using a private Server (Multiplayer) with Minecraft Forge based on the 1.7.10 Version with several mods including IC2 experimental (quite new version 68x).

We are quite satisfied with IC2 (very nice mod) :thumbup: but we have bigger problems with our energy supply. ?(

In the beginning we used the new experimental mode (useLinearTransferModel = True), but this seems to be very buggy since we had lots of energy with only a few wind generators (it seems like, that the cable produce EU energy on their own).

I could even easily support mass production (the attached MFSU had an constant output of 2k EU, even 8k until I reassigned it).

To get a more "realistic" game play I switched that mode off and now we are (of course) low on energy.

Therefore I started to build up some nuclear plants (thanks to all those tutorials). But now we got a new problem: an uranium cell is depleted after one day (real time). ;(

Now I have to exchange those cells every day which is also not very realistic. I have found no setting in the IC2.ini config to change that behaviour. Also the energy output is not very high (compared to wind generators). E.g. there is a nice setup with four quad-uranium cells with an output of 340 EU/tick in EU mode (non-fluid), but I can get that energy from two wind generators which run for a quite a long time until I have to assign new rotor blades.

To get a good energy supply there seems to be the only solution to set up a big wind park with wind generators.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks Ralf