Posts by ExpHP

*shrug* about the most honest thing I think we are going to get out of the BTW community. Which, tbh, we aren't trying to say he can't be selfish with his mod, but at the same time, we are voicing our dismay at his decision. Doesn't mean we think he should change his decision, but it just means that there are those of us who disagree with it. And if that's such a crime, then idk what to tell you then...

Then I see we're already in a complete understanding.

You're free to be upset. This is a decision that has broken a lot of worlds and has forced many to make a decision. What motivated me to argue my position on here is that, given which side of the rift I'm on, I feel uncomfortable seeing people make these claims about FC.

But then again, part of my very argument is that FC isn't worried too much about his public image (at least for this decision). So, all things considered, there's really no point in me defending him in the first place.

So I'll shut my trap. Carry on, then! :thumbup:

See, that's what makes this a foolish enterprise in the first place. At what point is the amount of work you do to make something no longer worth the effort? Spending hundreds of hours to write a mod for thousands of players seems like time well spent... spending it for dozens of players less so.

And to somebody who makes no money from the mod, and who has had issues in the past with large communities, what value to him are those lost thousands?

Look. I'll start by saying this: You are correct. His reasons are selfish. So what?

The only immediate motivation for FC making his mod is the enjoyment that he gets out of it. Probably the second-most direct motivation is coming across people who share similar ideals and who love the mod. And that's basically what he boiled his community down to with this decision.

Yeah, sure, it's nice to have more people than just those who agree with you. But that brings the people who beg for things to work another way (and other such things that detract from the overall enjoyment of making the mod). And seeing as the only thing he gets out of this is enjoyment and a small sense of charity, how do you expect him to react?

You're all free to be upset at this choice. But it is not his duty to make all his players happy. He's just making something and sharing it with the world. And if the world's just gonna bite back, then there's better things he could be doing.